You family members will love these delicious spooky Halloween appetizers and drinks. There are lots of exciting surprises in store in this selection of simple and easy to make Halloween finger food and drink ideas! Perfect appetizers, dips, treats, and drinks for an evening of Halloween fun with your kids wearing Halloween costumes.
There is a fabulous range of Halloween Cookie Cutters available for your Halloween themed cookies. Add spooky ghost, bat, bone, cat, and pumpkin cookies to your finger food selection or buffet, and you’ll be sure to bring a smile to the faces of your guests! You can also be creative with the colouring and add creepy icing designs on your cookies.
You may like to cut out your own paper silhouette to decorate your cookies. Place the silhouette over the cooked cookie and dust with fine icing powder using a fine sieve.
Scary Smoked Salmon Bites
This simple Smoked Salmon Bites recipe is delicious, healthy, and looks great at any Halloween festivities. Grate a little raw or cooked beetroot into fine strands. Chop smoked salmon into short, thin lengths. Carefully stir the two together with a wooden spoon until well mixed; the salmon will take on the deep red colour of the beetroot.
Mix a natural green food colouring into cream cheese until it takes on a suitably Halloween hue. Spread the green cream cheese onto small shapes of brown bread, or even better, German style black bread. Add some salmon on top or each pieces of bread and serve!
Gruesome Halloween Dips
Red Pepper Hummus Dip
Halloween Guacamole Dip
Guacamole is always a favourite dip that already has a wonderfully revolting Halloween colour! To add to the Halloween effect, you can make a 7 layer taco dip. Serve alongside the other gruesome Halloween dips to complete the effect.
Orange Cream Cheese Turmeric Dip Recipe
The Orange Cream Cheese Turmeric dip is a fantastic, natural, orange colouring dip:
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup or 200 grams of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup or 100 grams of yogurt
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with 200g cream cheese and 100g yogurt, and stir the mixture gently, but firmly with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Adjust the proportion of yogurt to cream cheese if necessary.
How To Make Halloween Flour Tortillas
Accompany your Halloween dips with taco chips or you can cut flour tortillas into gruesome shapes using your Halloween Cookie Cutters!
- Brush the flour tortillas on both sides with vegetable oil mixed with chili powder and seasoning to taste.
- Bake on a baking tray in a cool oven ( 140°C, 275°F, gas mark 1), turn after ten minutes, then put back in the oven until crunchy, approximately fifteen minutes total baking time.
To make it more spooky you can serve these Halloween dips in hollowed out pumpkins.
Alcoholic Halloween drinks
Mulled wine and mulled cider are wonderful warming drinks for any Halloween evening. For some wicked Halloween cocktails, you can also make one of these Witches Brew, Vampire Bloody Marys, Zombies Cocktail, or Satan’s Whisker drinks.
Ideas for Halloween decorations
Decorate your tables with small apples alongside the more traditional carved pumpkins for a cozy autumnal feel. For a spookier atmosphere, you can add plastic spiders and bats and spider webs on your serving table.
Halloween food ideas
If you are looking for more Halloween food ideas, you can also view:
- 25 Halloween Cupcakes Your Friends Will Love
- Fun Halloween Kids Snacks for School Lunches
- Candy Cookie Bars Recipe Using Leftover Halloween Candy Bars
- 25 Super Cute Halloween Snacks
- Halloween Bloody Bone Cupcake Recipe
- Festive Halloween Caramel Apples Recipe
- Halloween Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 20 Mouthwathering Halloween Treats
- Halloween Oreo Bat Truffles Recipe
- Halloween Spooky Marshmallow Witches
- 14 Spooky Snacks for Your Halloween Party
- 14 Freaky Foods For Halloween
- 3 Easy Halloween Snacks – Fun Recipes For Kids
- Jack-O-Lantern Orange Bowls Recipe
What Halloween Finger Food and Drinks have you made in the past that was a big hit with your family or friends? Share your favourites so that others can find even more Halloween food and drinks to make.