Whether on a snowy day, rainy, or simply a clear day with crisp, sharp air that steams in clouds with every outward breath, this hot cup of joy should be available to everyone. So, I’m very excited to present a vegan hot chocolate recipe that includes no dairy or animal products whatsoever!
Hot chocolate is amazing. It’s a major part of winter that everybody gets to enjoy on a cold day. Well, almost everybody. Hot chocolate tends to be a treat not enjoyed by those following a strict vegan diet. It’s unfortunate that such a soothing and cheerful beverage should be so interlocked with dairy products that vegans can’t consume. This hot chocolate recipe is ideal for a vegan diet!
What’s So Special About Vegan Hot Chocolate?
Vegan Hot Chocolate is just as good as any other hot chocolate. It’s potentially better! I’m not just saying that. It’s true. With the vegan substitutes for milk that are available, you have a whole host of potential flavours that regular hot chocolate can’t hold a candle to. Any plant-based milk will impart unique flavours that pair nicely with the taste of chocolate. Chocolate chips are available in vegan form. They just don’t include dairy. Pair these vegan chocolate chips with a flavourful milk alternative such as almond or cashew and you have a virtual liquid candy bar ready for consumption. Coconut milk is great too and full of flavour.
Simple Hot Chocolate for Vegans
This simple recipe is the perfect vegan hot chocolate, but it can also be a springboard for more adventurous mixers. Blending almond and cashew milk with a 1:1 ratio is a good start. You can revisit that candy bar idea by enhancing your beverage to match one of your favourites. Coconut milk hot chocolate makes a good combination for Mounds lovers. A mix of coconut and almond milk will satisfy fans of the Almond Joy. The trick to making this recipe just right on the most basic level is to make sure you include just enough vanilla extract to bring out the proper sweetness in the drink.
WHICH FOOD TO SERVE WITH THE HOT CHOCOLATE
- Snacks:Strawberry White Chocolate Scones, Snickerdoodle Blondies, Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Cookies, and Oreo Knibbler Cookies would be delicious paired with this homemade hot chocolate.
- Desserts: Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies, Berry Shortcake Cornmeal Cookies, Super Easy Skillet Fully Loaded Cookies, Super Easy M&M’s Monkey Bread, and Sweet and Salty Cupcake would be such tasty desserts with this hot beverage.
Hot Chocolate Recipe Ideas
If you are looking for more Hot Chocolate Recipe ideas, you can make one of these:
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Bombs With Jose Cuervo Tequila
- Keto Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
- Cupid Hot Chocolate Recipe For Valentine’s Day
- Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipes For the Family
- Adorable Rudolph Hot Cocoa DIY With Printable Gift Tags
Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 cups of plant based milk (almond, cashew, coconut or a ½ and ½ )
- 3 cups of vegan chocolate chips such as ENJOY LIFE Gluten Free Mini Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How To Make The Hot Chocolate
- 1. In a saucepan warm plant based milk with vegan chocolate chips until melted. Add in vanilla extract and whisk well.
- 2. The mixture should be thick and creamy.
- 3. Pour into mugs and enjoy!
VEGAN HOT CHOCOLATE
- 4 mugs
- 4 cups of plant based milk almond, cashew, coconut or a ½ and ½
- 3 cups of vegan chocolate chips such as ENJOY LIFE Gluten Free Mini Chips Semi-Sweet
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, warm plant based milk with vegan chocolate chips until melted. Add in vanilla extract and whisk well.
- The mixture should be thick and creamy.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy!