Are you looking for the ultimate summer meal? This BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad is not only packed with protein, but it is also loaded with good for you ingredients that create a must have summer salad. On those days when it is too hot to fire up the oven, this dish will save the day while keeping the house cool. Talk about a winner winner chicken with dinner recipe!
Easy Chicken Salad To Prepare
As the temperatures start to warm up, I try to keep my kitchen efforts at a minimum, but with growing kids in the house, I can’t skip cooking every night. So, I like to keep a few precooked chicken breasts or a rotisserie chicken from the deli in the fridge, to make delicious dinners like this one even easier. No matter how hot it gets, or how busy the day might be, a great meal is only a few steps away.
Salad Recipe With Wholesome Ingredients
This recipe is fantastic because it is packed with good for you ingredients like avocado, cucumber, onion, black beans, lettuce and chicken. But, it is versatile; you can mix up the ingredients to make this salad work for your taste preferences. Also, use whatever flavor and style of BBQ sauce your family prefers.
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad Perfect For Picnic or Potluck
Make this for dinner with the family on the deck or double the ingredients for a potluck or picnic. Everyone is sure to love this salad. If you are prepping this in advance to serve later, I recommend adding the dressing right before serving to keep things fresh.
What to Serve The Salad With
You could pair this meal with a crusty bread, cheesy garlic loaf bread, or a nice red wine that is low in tannins like a Zinfandel or Primitivo.
One Dish Meal Ideas
If you are looking for more one dish meal inspirations you will like these recipes. Reader favourites include:
- Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad
- Chicken Riggies Recipe
- Savoury Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Super Easy Chicken Alfredo Bacon Penne Pasta Recipe
- Turkey Ranch Mac-n-Cheese Recipe
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad Recipe
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and cubed
- 1 cucumber cut in quarters
- 1 basket of baby tomatoes cut in half
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle of Ranch dressing
- 1 Kraft Original BBQ sauce (use 1+ TBSP for the dressing)
The BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad is so easy to make! This is how you do it:
Toss the chopped romaine in a large bowl. Add the chicken cubes.(Set aside some of the chicken to put on top of the lettuce/chicken combination. Position the lettuce/ chicken in the middle of the serving plate.
On of the four corners of the plate put the corn, black beans, cut baby tomatoes, and quartered cucumber. Add the remaining chicken on the top of the lettuce, and top with the chopped green onions.
Pour the bottle of ranch dressing into a bowl.Begin by adding 1 TBSP of the BBQ sauce and stir until well blended. Taste to ensure flavour. If necessary add more BBQ sauce to the dressing and stir well.
Position the sliced avocado on top of the salad. Pour the salad dressing on top of the entire salad. Drizzle with the remaining BBQ sauce.
I hope you enjoyed my BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad recipe as much as my family and I did. If you make it, make sure to share with us on Facebook or Twitter! Also, check out all of our other Recipes.
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken skinned and cubed- about 4 cups
- 1 cucumber cut in quarters
- 16 baby tomatoes cut in half basket full
- 1 can can of corn drained
- 1 can can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 green onions chopped
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle Ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp Kraft Original BBQ sauce use 1+ TBSP for the dressing
- Toss the chopped romaine in a large bowl. Add the chicken cubes.(Set aside some of the chicken to put on top of the lettuce/chicken combination.
- Position the lettuce/ chicken in the middle of the serving plate.
- On of the four corners of the plate put the corn, black beans, cut baby tomatoes, and quartered cucumber.
- Add the remaining chicken on the top of the lettuce, and top with the chopped green onions.
- Pour the bottle of ranch dressing into a bowl. Begin by adding 1 TBSP of the BBQ sauce and stir until well blended. Taste to ensure flavor. If necessary add more BBQ sauce to the dressing and stir well.
- Position the sliced avocado on top of the salad.
- Pour the salad dressing on top of the entire salad.
- Drizzle with the remaining BBQ sauce
Wow! This looks so delicious:)
A great idea to add BBQ sauce to the ranch dressing, that will add lots of flavour 🙂
Oh my! This sounds so good. I can’t wait to give this a try. Thank you so much
This sounds so versatile — just omit the chicken for the vegetarians in the family!
what a perfect salad! I love the combination of things. Could make for a meal on its own 🙂
This looks great! And pretty simple.
Yummm! This salad looks so delish!
Looks good.My husband would like this.
I love salads like this, lots of great ingredients. The flavours sound great.
Love that it’s high protein and full of fibre
Sounds like an awesome recipe to make this week-end thank you
Thank you for this recipe delicious
Looks so delicious and filling
Such a yummy looking meal. I am trying this one
This looks like an awesome salad. Thank you for the recipe
Yum! I love a refreshing salad that is still filling. This looks great!
Looks so good . Would be awesome in the summer with a bbq . Looks healthy too .
This is a great salad except the avocado because I can’t stand them but I’ve never thought of mixing Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce.
This sounds like a great salad thank you