There are so many fun after school treats you can make. This is just a small way to let your kids know that you love them and want to do something nice for them. The list below is loaded with 55 recipes after school snacks kids love.
Now that school has started, you are back into a routine. A common part of every kid’s routine is having an after school snack. While there are a number of products you could purchase at the store, making something from scratch is not only more affordable but also fun.
After School Snacks Kids Love
Eating an after school snack gives your kids a chance to unwind after a long day at school. It’s good to give your kids a chance to eat a healthy snack and do something they want to do. Let them watch TV or play video games for a half-hour or so before beginning homework. Kids need a break just like we do. This would also be a good time to have a bit of family time. You could play board games, sit and talk, colour together, whatever. It just depends on how old your kids are.
There are after-school snacks in this list that are good for a variety of age ranges. Some are great for younger kids while others will work for kids of all ages. Don’t limit these to being after-school snacks either. You can make these and pop them into your child’s lunchbox as well.
- 1. Sweet Salty S’mores
- 2. Dr. Seuss Kid’s Lunchbox Ideas
- 3. Mint Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 4. Back to School Trail Mix
- 5. Apple Pancetta and Sharp Cheddar Grilled Croissant
- 6. Monster Apple Bites
- 7. Turkey Cheese Sushi Rolls
- 8. Fun After School Snacks
- 9. Macaroni & Cheese Cups
- 10. Granola Recipe
- 11. Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
- 12. Canadian Fried Dough Pastry Recipe
- 13. Unicorn Horn Snacks
- 14. Snack-Time Cranberry Tuna Salad
- 15. Easy Mini Eggplant Pizza Recipe
- 16. Summer Lemonade Fruit Salad
- 17. Grain-Free Paleo Granola Recipe
- 18. Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 19. Apple Marshmallow Smiles
- 20. Best Ever Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- 21. Healthy No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars
- 22. Peanut Butter & Grape Rollups
- 23. Pepperoni Rolls
- 24. Granola Blueberry Muffins
- 25. Homemade Jello Cups for a Healthy School Lunch
- 26. Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 27. Blackberry Apple Fruit Leather
- 28. Homemade Gluten-Free + Vegan Goldfish
- 29. Homemade Granola Bars Recipe
- 30. Homemade Choco Taco
- 31. Peanut Butter Toast on a Stick
- 32. Apple Protein Muffins
- 33. Blueberry Mini Baked Cake Donuts with Blueberry Icing
- 34. Cinnamon Apple Chips
- 35. Strawberry Ladybugs
- 36. Instant Pot Popcorn + 3 Variations
- 37. Homemade Cheesy Goldfish Crackers Tutorial and Recipe
- 38. Delightful Peanut Butter Nutella Balls Recipe
- 39. Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
- 40. 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 41. Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls Recipe
- 42. Crazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Monster Recipe
- 43. Super Slimy Snail Snacks
- 44. Cinnamon Scones Recipe | Snickerdoodle-Style
- 45. No Bake Energy Bites – raw, gluten free, vegan
- 46. Best High Energy Snacks
- 47. Frosted Grapes Recipe for Healthy Snacking
- 48. Almond Butter Protein Snacks
- 49. No-Cook Pumpkin Pudding
- 50. Peanut Butter And Jelly Rollups
- 51. Chocolate Protein Power Muffins
- 52. Peanut Butter & Jelly Popcorn Recipe
- 53. Monster Energy Bites
- 54. Cinnamon Apple Chips
- 55. Mini Chocolate Chess Pies
Hope you enjoy these after school snacks recipes as much as I did! Also, check out all of our recipes! What are your child’s favourite after school snacks? Do your kids reach for cookies, fruit, or maybe crackers? Do you prefer they eat something healthy or is this a time to let them indulge? Share your favourite snacks to make for your kids so that we can all benefit from even more great ideas.
These are great!! I am always looking for new ways to switch up my kids snacks. I cannot wait to try some of these. starting with the apple marshmallow smiles
Yes, that one looks so good!
Granola bar, and also goldfish is what I have.. I like this DIY list.. lots of health colourful ideas. Snacks brighten the day for kids of all ages
I love these!! Thank you so much for sharing. I love making food fun for the kids!
Me too! Enjoy!
A lot of great treats here that the kids would love to have!!
these are some great ideas. we really need to do after school snack time!
Thanks! Plenty for you to choose from!
This is fabulous! I’m often stuck for ideas at the end of the day – bookmarked this. Thanks.
What an amazing selection of healthy snacks! I’ve bookmarked this page for when my hubby gets the munchies!
My pleasure and enjoy!
I much prefer to include homemade snacks in my kids’ diet than premade, processed ones. So, I am going to be checking out a number of these recipes.
Same for our family!
I love these! Kids would certainly enjoy them!
Let me know how they like the snacks if you make some!
What a fantastic bunch of snacks! My grandson might even try one of them lol He’s so picky
I’ve never thought of making popcorn in the Instant Pot. That’s such a great idea!
Forget the kids, a lot here for me!! lol
I agree lol!
These ideas are all so cute and I can’t wait to try some of them!
I really LOVE some of these ideas ! great things to keep them interested in eating healthy .
Forget the kids lol. Me snacks!
These are all great ideas for healthy snacks
There’s so many great ideas here and I think the healthy snacks are always best
Thank you for sharing this great selection of snack ideas. There are quite a few here that I would like to try.
I would love to make some of these delicious recipes with my grandchildren
The Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies look so good