Mother’s Day is coming soon! Children everywhere are getting ready by making crafts to give their mother’s on her big day. Many children like to give mom breakfast in bed that day or at least make breakfast for her or the whole family. The following 2 favourite recipes and a list of 25 recipes below are for Mother’s Day Breakfast Recipes Kids Can Make that can be suitable for children to prepare with the supervision of an adult or an older sibling.
Tasty French Toast Recipe
A French toast recipe is always a family favourite, and it is really easy to make. Kids can mix up the batter and dunk the bread in. An adult may have to be on hand to put it in the frying pan, so no one gets burned.
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices of bread
- oil or non-stick cooking spray for greasing the pan/griddle
- Maple syrup, fresh fruits, whipped cream, powered sugar for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Take your bread and dip it in the egg mixture on both sides.
- Heat a skillet and pour enough vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place dipped bread – 2 at a time – in the skillet and brown on one side, then the other until golden brown.
- Place on a serving plate and spread with butter immediately so it melts.
- Mom can put her own syrup on, but this is good with any fresh fruits, whipped cream on top, or just sprinkled with powder sugar.
Yogurt Parfait Recipe
Even the little ones can do this because there is no cooking to it.
- 2 to 3 cups yogurt (any flavour)
- 1 cup granola
- 2 to 3 cups frozen and thawed or fresh fruit
- cups, bowls or mason jars
- Place a few tablespoons yogurt in the bottom of a cup.
- Sprinkle generously with granola.
- Spoon a few spoonfuls of fruit over the top and start over with the yogurt.
- Continue layering until the cup is full.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
You can top with whipped cream. Good mixtures are peach yogurt with peaches, strawberry yogurt with strawberries or raspberries, blueberry Yogurt with blueberry, and so on. You can make banana nut parfait by using banana yogurt with bananas and crushed nuts instead of granola. Serve it with banana nut bread made from a mix. Cranberry orange parfait can be achieved by using an orange-flavoured yogurt with cranberry sauce and granola. Serve it with cranberry-orange quick bread made from a mix.
You will find below a list of 25 Mother’s Day Breakfast Recipes Kids Can Make!
25 Mother’s Day Breakfast Recipes Kids Can Make
Egg Breakfast Recipes
What could be easier to make than a quick scrambled egg on toast? You just have to time it right to get your preferred consistency.
Easy breakfast frittata with vegetables to feed all family members for Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch!
Individually sized creamy and delicious egg-quiches, all wrapped up in filo pastry cases!
These Spinach and Feta Egg Cups are a delicious, easy to make grab-n-go breakfast that’s packed full of nutrition and flavour!
Sausage Feta Eggs Breakfast Scramble with cream cheese and chives is a perfect Keto low carb breakfast skillet that can be served on Mother’s Day.
This Heart Shaped Egg in the Hole is the perfect breakfast that kids can make for Mothers Day! A perfect way to tell Mom that you love her.
This Breakfast Egg Muffins recipe is almost an entire breakfast all in a muffin. Individually sized hash browns, ham, and eggs all in a muffin pan.
Pancake Breakfast Recipes
Delicious and easy make ahead pancake casserole. This recipe is made from pancakes that soak up a “casserole” batter overnight and are popped in the oven in the morning. They are a fun take on traditional pancakes and easy enough that kids can help make them.
These Rum & Raisin Sheet Pan Pancakes are like Rum & Raisin ice cream in an easy pancake form! They are family friendly, quick and simple to make, and can be made ahead and/or frozen.
These Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes are the easiest and tastiest pancakes that you will ever make!
Fluffy and light Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes with a touch of lemon. This easy 30-minute recipe is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
These simple baked donuts are easy to make because you only need pancake mix and a few other items.
Bun Breakfast Recipes
This is a recipe of super easy to make cheese buns that older kids can make themselves. Only 4 ingredients.
These Overnight Cinnamon Sticky Buns use frozen dinner rolls and are prepped the night before. They are baked in the morning so they are a quick and easy breakfast the next day.
Waffle Breakfast Recipes
Quick and easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Waffles that are vegan, allergy-free, and freezer-friendly!
Your whole family will love these fluffy, warming Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Waffles. Use up your leftover mashed sweet potatoes in these breakfast or brunch waffles and serve them up with some fruit and maple syrup.
Homemade Banana Waffles from scratch are a delicious and easy way get out of a waffle rut!
French Toasts Breakfast Recipe
This brioche baked French toast can be served for breakfast and brunch on Mother’s Day. You can also add fresh fruits.
Yogurt Breakfast Recipes
Easy, 3-ingredient yogurt parfait popsicles that the kids will love making and giving to Mom!
This rainbow yogurt parfait includes instructions for making yogurt using an instant pot.
Light, fluffy and delicious Cheesecake in a Jar recipe made with skillet granola, cottage cheese Greek yogurt filling and roasted vanilla rhubarb topping is healthy, easy and takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
This Strawberry Piña Colada Parfait recipe is great for breakfast or brunch. It is very easy to make and only takes seconds to assemble. It’s also very versatile and you can add in dried fruits, nuts, chia seeds, and so much more to create a unique parfait every time.
Oatmeal Breakfast Recipes
These Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins are wholesome, flavour-packed, and make the perfect addition to your mornings or snack!
This blueberry baked oatmeal is an easy and delicious recipe for every occasion.
French Vanilla Dalgona Coffee Breakfast Recipe
25. This coffee is the all new crave, so don’t forget to make mom a cup of Dalgona Coffee with some added French Vanilla Syrup. It is actually whipped coffee that is similar to a toffee-like texture when whipped into foam. You can also omit the ice and make it a hot beverage by heating up the milk!
I hope you enjoyed our round-up of Mother’s Day Breakfast Recipes Kids Can Make! Mom will appreciate a beautiful breakfast made even by the smallest child. It will let her sleep in a little longer than usual. Just make sure you clean up afterwards, so she doesn’t have to do it!