French Toast is usually served for breakfast, but these French Toast recipes are so delicious you’ll want to eat them in the morning, noon, and at night!
How do you make French toast? This French Toast recipe below is extremely simple and very tasty. It only calls for six common ingredients and takes only six little steps to make. All in all, it takes roughly fifteen minutes to make from start to finish.
French Toast Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices of bread
- Oil or non-stick cooking spray for greasing the pan/griddle
- Maple syrup, fresh fruits, whipped cream, or powered sugar for serving
- Forks and Butter Knife
- 13-inch Frying Pan
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Take your bread and dip it in the egg mixture on both sides.
- Heat a skillet and pour enough vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place dipped bread – 2 at a time – in the skillet and brown on one side, then the other until golden brown.
- Place on a serving plate and spread with butter immediately so it melts.
- To the French toasts, you can add maple syrup, fresh fruits, whipped cream on top, or just sprinkle with powder sugar.
French Toast Variations
The cinnamon and powder sugar is optional, and different types of syrup can be used like maple or butter flavoured. Any kind of bread can be used! Those who are looking for a healthier French toast recipe can use wheat or whole-grain bread and all egg whites. Some people like to add fruit toppings such as bananas, strawberries, or blueberries.
Stuffed French Toast Sandwich Recipe
Rather than pour syrup on top and start eating, some cultures will use the French Toast to make sandwiches instead. In many places around the world, this is called Stuffed French Toast. For instance, in Italy, they will put a slice of mozzarella cheese in the middle, and dip it in tomato sauce. This dish is called “Mozzarella in Carrozza“.
You can also choose from many recipes and bake an overnight baked French toast casserole, a brioche French toast, a cinnamon roll French toast, a cream cheese French toast, and many more! An Instant Pot or Crock Pot is getting more popular to bake French toasts too. You will find below a list of 37 delicious French Toast recipes to bake for any occasions!