Sometimes it can be hard squeezing in enough fruit and veggies into our kids’ diet; particularly the green stuff! This makes green thickies a great way to sneak a load of nutrients into their diet (and ours). Green Thickies are a healthy drink alternative for busy parents. They are a complete healthy meal drink including your daily servings of leafy greens, yet they still manage to taste delicious; a must in my household! To get you started, here are 2 delicious green thickies recipes. Enjoy!
Green Spa Thickie Recipe
- 1 C pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- ½ small cucumber peeled
- 1 C fresh kale washed and chopped
- 2 tbs fresh mint
- ½ C Chia seeds
- 1 C water
- 1.Take first three ingredients and freeze them overnight.
- 2.Once frozen, add all ingredients to blender and blend on high speed until smooth (about 30 seconds). Enjoy!
These make great popsicles!
Creamy Orange and Avocado Green Thickie Recipe
- ½ avocado peeled with pit removed
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 large orange peeled
- 1 C kale washed
- 1 C water
- 1 cup of yogourt optional
- 1.Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high speed until smooth (about 30 seconds).
”If it doesn’t nourish you, get rid of it”.
Follow me on Twitter