Sometimes it can be hard squeezing in enough fruit and veggies into our kids’ diet; particularly the green stuff! This makes green thickies a great way to sneak a load of nutrients into their diet (and ours). Green Thickies are a healthy drink alternative for busy parents. They are a complete healthy meal drink including your daily servings of leafy greens, yet they still manage to taste delicious; a must in my household! To get you started, here are 2 delicious green thickies recipes. Enjoy!
Green Spa Thickie Recipe
Green Spa Thickie
- 1 C pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- ½ small cucumber peeled
- 1 C fresh kale washed and chopped
- 2 tbs fresh mint
- ½ C Chia seeds
- 1 C water
- 1.Take first three ingredients and freeze them overnight.
- 2.Once frozen, add all ingredients to blender and blend on high speed until smooth (about 30 seconds). Enjoy!
Creamy Orange and Avocado Green Thickie Recipe
Creamy Orange and Avocado Green Thickie
- ½ avocado peeled with pit removed
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 large orange peeled
- 1 C kale washed
- 1 C water
- 1 cup of yogourt optional
- 1.Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high speed until smooth (about 30 seconds).
”If it doesn’t nourish you, get rid of it”.
Follow me on Twitter