Boost Your Health with Kiss Me Organics’ Organic Green Tea Powder
The New Year is here, and I am on the look-out for finding new ways to do and eat healthier for myself and for my family. I do not want to change everything we eat, but I want to make subtle changes to improve on what we are eating. I also want to expand their pallets so we get used to eating a new foods. I thought that one product I would try to accomplish this goal would be to add green tea to some of the foods and snacks we enjoy. That is why I am happy that I had the chance to review Kiss Me Organic’s Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder. I tried their Culinary Grade Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder (4 oz).
Why use organic matcha green tea powder
Why is organic matcha green tea powder healthy to add to food and drinks? Macha organic green tea powder has been deemed to have a lot of health benefits when consumed for many years. Here are just a few of them:
• It gives you energy all day long
• It boosts your metabolism
• It increases your ability to focus
• It improves the health of your skin
• It has up to 137 times the amount of EGCGs of brewed green tea (EGCGs are an Epigallocatechin gallate, a type of Catechin which is an antioxidant found in the leaves of the tea plant Camellia sinensis, that are suppose to promote health, and increase the length of life when consumed).
One aspect that sets Kiss Me Organic’s Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder apart from other organic matcha green tea powders is by harvesting their tea leaves from their single-estate Japanese farm that has been recognized by the United Nations as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System and has been dedicated to Organic Farming for over two generations.
The suggested effective daily dose of this organic matcha green tea powder is a half to one teaspoon (1/2 to 1 tsp).
Matcha Green Smoothie Recipe
I thought that since it was my idea to introduce green tea into our family that I would be the first one to try green tea powder in something I eat. Since I enjoy a smoothie now and again, I thought I would try adding to one of mine one morning. I found a recipe for a simple smoothie recipe from Lindsey Goodwin of About Food.com that was not complicated.
Here are the simple ingredients needed for this recipe:
• 1 peeled, frozen banana (preferably a very ripe banana)
• 1/2 cup low-fat milk, coconut milk creamer or other dairy alternative
• 1/2 tsp. good quality matcha powder
• (Optional) 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• (Optional) Sweetener to taste
The directions to prepare this smoothie are pretty simple as well. They are as follows:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.*
2. Blend until the mixture is smooth and even, stopping to stir if needed.
*About Food also suggests that the smoothie may be easier to blend if the matcha powder is added before the milk or dairy alternative.
What did I think about this matcha green tea powder smoothie? It was good! I did not notice the taste of the matcha green tea powder at all! I really only tasted the banana and the milk blended together. Next time I make this smoothie, I will be adding some honey or berries (most likely strawberries) to add some sweetness and a new flavour to this drink as I have a bit of a sweet tooth!
Since we are all new to adding green tea to the foods we eat, I thought that I would start by making foods and snacks we enjoy eating. Since we love eating muffins and cupcakes, I thought it would be a great idea to add some of the Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder to them to see how they would taste! I found a recipe for Matcha Cupcakes from Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit. Again, I found a recipe where most of the ingredients can be found in your home.
These are the ingredients you will need to put these cupcakes together:
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 large egg yolks
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons matcha tea
The directions were also easy to follow for this recipe as well. They are listed below.
1. Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds.
2. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs/egg yolks one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add to batter and mix to combine.
5. Mix matcha in with the milk. Add to the batter and mix until combine.
6. Scoop batter into prepared into cupcake papers.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
Here is how my matcha green tea powder cupcakes turned out!
Yummy Matcha Cupcakes
I was surprised by the look and smell of them! I thought they were going to smell like the organic matcha green tea powder, but they actually smelled sweet! I was even more surprised by the taste. They were tasty! My kids were excited to taste these cupcakes, too. After they cooled, I broke one of the smaller ones without icing up into a few pieces and let them eat them. They devoured them! They even asked for more, so I let them indulge in another one!
I think that I would have to continue to use Kiss Me Organic’s Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder in the foods and drinks my family consumes to fully gauge all of the effects organic matcha green tea power is suppose to give its users. I do like that it does not add a strong smell or flavour to the foods and drinks it is added to, and my family enjoys eating and drinking it, as well! I cannot wait to try more recipes so I can use this product on a regular basis.
Disclaimer: I was compensated and received a package of this product in order to write this review. The opinions expressed within this review are my own.