How to Peel Potatoes Really Fast!
So I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for new kitchen hacks to try that will help save time. Lately I’ve been seeing this post on Facebook, on how to peel potatoes really fast.
If you’re anything like me, you find that task extremely annoying. I don’t know if it’s because of my vision or what, but I’d honestly go without potatoes if I could. Unfortunately, it’s like a staple in this house hold. I won’t lie, sometimes I buy the instant and try to pass it off as mashed just because I hate peeling the potatoes so much!
Well, this Facebook sensation post claimed you can easily peel potatoes in seconds! So here we go! We’ll give it a try.
- Step one– Grab your potatoes and give them a wash.
- Step two– Place your pot of water on the burner and bring it to a boil.
- Step three- Throw them in whole with the skins on! I usually let them bowl for about 5-8 minutes, just until the outsides are starting to feel a bit soft. Now the trick is to not have them TOO soft or else this next step will be impossible! (Trust me it happened to me, the fell apart in my hands!)
- Step four– As your potatoes are bowling, grab a big bowl and fill it with cold water. I also added a bunch of ice cubes. I placed my potatoes in a few at a time and waited about 2-3 minutes.
- Step Five– The next step is to just pick up the potato and rub it in your hands. The skin literally just rubs off and the end result is the cleanest potatoes ever! (Maybe its just me but I usually miss a bunch of skins.)
Then just cut them up or throw them back in whole, into the boiling water again until cooked! HOLY COW IT WORKED!
It’s definitely not rocket science but man, it is so easy. This is defiantly how I cook and peel my potatoes now! For me, it really took all the nuisance and hassle out of it.
Being visually impaired, and a mom in general, I love finding things that just help me do things a bit better. It may not be for you, but it’s a fun and easier way for me to get a huge pot of potatoes done a lot quicker.
Are there any other little kitchen hacks out there that you’ve tried? If so send them on my way!
Until next time,