Summer is a time when we have a lot of free time on our hands. The kids are out of school, parents are taking time off work to spend time with their families. It’s time to get out, enjoy the sunshine, dip your toes in the water for a fun-filled summer of activities. Start planning today and enjoy your family time together with these 50 summer bucket list ideas.
What is a Bucket List?
A bucket list is a list of ideas or adventures that you have thought about over time. Things that you would like to accomplish during your entire life or in this case during the summer. These can be ideal for yourself or as a family.
How To Create a Summer Bucket List
There are many reasons for creating a fun summer bucket list. If you are a parent, the main reason would be so you don’t hear those words “I’m bored”. Help keep your kids off of devices and include items that will keep them outside.
How do you create the ultimate summer bucket list that your entire family will enjoy? You gather the family together for a planning session and throw around ideas that will work for everyone. Make sure to add things that will be fun for everyone and not just you. To make this easier, have everyone write down their favourite ideas and put them in a hat.
Once everyone has thrown their summer bucket list ideas around and you have picked some, you will need to decide how many items will be on your list. Think summer fun when adding to your list.
Things To Put on Your summer bucket list
Are you looking to have some new experiences this summer? There are a number of fun things you can do to create lifelong memories with your family. Here are 50 summer bucket list ideas for families!
1. Go stargazing and try to find a constellation
2. Find a new hobby
3. Try to recreate your favourite childhood summer memory
4. Blow soap bubbles
5. Go camping in your backyard
6. Play your favourite childhood outdoor game with your kids
7. Hold a summer BBQ
8. Plant a vegetable/plant garden
9. Do outdoor crafts
10. Build a sandcastle at the beach
11. Find a new park, beach, or lake to visit
12. Watch fireflies
13. Host a bonfire
14. Make s’mores and roast marshmallows
15. Go 24 hours without internet, radio or television
16. Watch the sunset or sunrise
17. Eat cotton candy
18. Go to a drive-in movie theater
19. Do a scavenger hunt
20. Go on a picnic
21. Have a water balloon fight
22. Play with water guns
23. Go mini-golfing or golfing
24. Bake a pie with fresh fruit
25. Start a summer journal
26. Visit a farmer’s market
27. Read at least 10 books
28. Make recycled crayons
29. Make handprint art
30. Visit a relative
31. Make paper bag puppets
32. Random act of kindness to your neighbours or co-workers
33. Have a family slumber party with your kids
34. Attend free kids activities/workshops
35. Be a tourist in your own city
36. Run through sprinklers
37. Write a story and illustrate it
38. Walk or run a 5K race with your family
39. Fly a kite with your kids
40. Make homemade playdough or slime
41. Dance in the rain and don’t forget a towel
42. Make jam
43. Play jump rope or hopscotch with your kids
44. Make homemade lemonade
45. Go on a nature walk and learn about plants
46. Have a family game night with snacks
47. Have an ice cream sundae bar
48. Make a bird feeder for your backyard
49. Have your children plan and make dinner (with your help and supervision)
50. Have a water balloon fight
These are easy summer bucket list ideas! No matter how you’re spending your summer, you’re bound to create some memorable experiences with this list.
Great ideas, I did the unplug from all social media and internet last year, worked quite well. I felt refreshed.
A great list of ideas, something for everyone I’d say. I’d love to go strawberry picking, I must see if there is anywhere around here.
This is an awesome thorough list. A lot of the items on the list are actually normal or used to be normal before computers and cell phones but still fun to do.
A great list of activities no reason to be bored!
So many great activities, we’ve already made a dent in ours, I’ve found a few to add on from this list!
I love all these ideas. I’m going to be checking out a new lake soon that is close by, and also plan to go raspberry picking at a local u-pick.
There are some awesome ideas in here! Summer is so much fun!
Thanks Stephanie! Hoping you try a few:)