This Super Easy DIY Mason Jar Christmas Candle craft makes for an easy way to add to your holiday decor, without making too much effort or spending a fortune on premade decorations! It comes together easily, making it ideal for a quick, last minute crafting session, or a way to keep with a theme throughout the house on a budget.
What Supplies Do You Need
Made with fresh cranberries and floating candles, this mason jar Christmas craft is perfect for a last minute decoration. It requires basically no skill to assemble, and there is a good chance you probably will have all of the supplies on hand, as they are common holiday items. You can assemble it days before the holiday and it will stay fresh, or you can put it all together in minutes, right before your guests arrive.
This super easy DIY mason jar Christmas candle craft is also versatile; if you don’t have fresh cranberries or pine trimmings feel free to improvise with what you do have. Wooden beads, holiday scatter, and even water beads will work if you need to get creative. Fake flowers and greenery will also float in this craft if needed!
Easy Christmas Family Craft
This is a good Christmas craft to make with the kids. All ages can help in one way or another. Make this as I did, or put your own holiday spin on it. Using a floating candle is important, but if you don’t have one, you can take a tealight out of the metal cup, flip it over so that your wick is on the bottom and dribble a little wax from another candle over the bottom so that the little metal disc is completely covered. That should give you an easy diy floating candle in a pinch.
How To Make A DIY Mason Jar Christmas Candle
- One floating candle or simple tealight
- 3-4 fresh sprigs pine (or plastic)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or red plastic beads)
- 2ft length of twine
- Half gallon mason jar
- Hot glue
- Essential oils, optional
- Twist your length of twine around the top of the mason jar, covering the entire lip. Secure by tying, or by adding a small dab of hot glue.
- Trim the ends off of your twine.
- Fill the mason jar halfway with water.
- Arrange the pine sprigs, as desired.
- Fill the mason jar to the 3/4 full mark and then add the cranberries or beads, and nestle the floating candle securely in the cranberries.
- You can add a few drops of your favourite essential oil (optional).
- If you are planning to gift your jar, glue the twine instead to the lid and omit the water.
10 Christmas Crafts For Kids
While you are here, why not check out some of my other holiday craft ideas such as:
- Creative Ideas for Christmas Table Decorations and Settings
- DIY Christmas Paper Gift Bags for the Family
- 40 Fun Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 17 Christmas Tree Crafts For Kids
- 17 Fun Santa Crafts For Kids
- 17 Reindeer Crafts For The Family
- 17 Snowman Crafts for Kids
- Gingerbread Play Dough Mats With Printable
- DIY Santa’s Workshop Ornament
- DIY Rudolph Tealight Ornament