Winters seem to feel longer than normal these days, just when we think the snow is done and gone we see flurries in the sky. During this time we long for the sunshine and warmer days of springtime. The stores are preparing for the upcoming Easter holiday and it reminds us it is time to start preparing for the Easter bunny. If you are looking to add a new recipe for Easter, why not start with these Peanut Butter Eggs.
Have you ever wanted to try to make a store bought chocolate treat you like? Well, I have. Sometimes they turn out just like the original and sometimes they don’t. This recipe for Peanut Butter eggs is one of those recipes that makes you think of Reese’s peanut butter egg. It has the right amount of creamy peanut butter and a nice coating of chocolate to make you think it was purchased and not homemade.
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
This easy peanut butter eggs recipe can get a little messy with icing sugar and chocolate, not to mention forming the peanut butter dough mix into egg shapes. It is a recipe the entire family will enjoy making, decorating and of course eating, especially at Easter. If you don’t have an egg form to make the eggs, you will be getting your hands a bit messy shaping the dough into egg shapes. It doesn’t have to be perfectly oval, so don’t worry about perfecting the shape.
Once your eggs have been created and chilled, you can add some personal touches of sprinkles, putting names on them or you can just leave them plain. If you like Reese’s peanut butter eggs as much as we do, then you will want to make extras of our easy homemade peanut butter Easter eggs. If you need another easy Easter recipe why not check out these White Chocolate Dipped Oreo cookies.
Recipe for peanut butter eggs
I just love peanut butter eggs for Easter as they make great gifts for the entire family and the best part is that they are handmade from the heart! This recipe for peanut butter eggs is super easy to create with the kids, so you better wrap them fast or they won’t last for long! They are ideal for an Easter egg hunt!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 10 oz. dark cocoa melting wafers or dark chocolate chips
How To Make Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
1. Melt peanut butter and butter for 1 minute in microwave. Stir until blended.
2. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, mix well.
3. Divide mixture into 10 portions and form each into an egg shape. Place eggs on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat the process until chocolate is melted and smooth.
5. Using a fork, dip the peanut butter eggs into chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently tap on edge of the bowl – allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
6. Place back on parchment paper and refrigerate the peanut butter eggs for 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Peanut Butter Eggs. If you make it, make sure to share with us on Facebook or Twitter! Also, check out all of our other Recipes.
Peanut Butter Eggs
- 1 parchment lined baking sheet
- 2 microwaveable bowls
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 10 oz. dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate melting wafers
- Melt peanut butter and butter for 1 minute in a microwaveable bowl in the microwave. Stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar, mix well.
- Divide mixture into 10 portions and form each into an egg shape. Place eggs on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a microwaveable bowl in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat the process until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip peanut butter eggs into chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently tap on edge of the bowl – allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place back on parchment paper and refrigerate the peanut butter eggs for 10 minutes.
Wow,these look delicious will try when the kids come over
Reminds me of the Laura Secord eggs but even better because they are home made. Can’t wait to make these Divine Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs for my family!
Does it matter whether you use regular or unsweetened/natural peanut butter?
The best way is to try it!
I love peanut butter eggs and I really like the idea of making them myself. I wonder if they could be made with Wow butter?
Try it and let me know!
OMG drooling over here!!!! theres look soo yum yum yummy!! and easy to make too. gonna do these today 🙂
Let me know how you liked them!
Oh my, my mouth is already watering!
Where do you find the dark cocoa melting chips? Do they have a cacao %? My daughter’s diabetic and the dark chocolate has fewer carbs. Want to make some Easter chocolates for her. Thanks!
You can find them at most grocery stores. I don’t think I got them in the organic isle of the supermarkets or at heath food stores. If you can’t find them, you can use a dark cocoa chocolate bar and melt it. Thanks for commenting.
These look awesome! My husband LOVES the Reese eggs (huge peanut butter fan), going to have to give these a try this week.
So our we too! Let me know how you like the recipe!
My whole family loves peanut butter. These sound great!
These sound amazing!! I’m definitely trying this recipe!
I know it’s not Easter time…..do I need an excuse the make these now? They look awesome!!
This wuld be a tasty treat I would enjoy!
Having a kids party on Friday,Im making these
Gahhh! These look like the best things ever!! I’m definitely bookmarking this page so I can make these for my grandkids, but I don’t think I’ll wait until Easter lol
oh yummy .. i’m drooling and its only 10 am lol … thanks for sharing the recipe … i will def be making them 🙂
YUM! These look fabulous! Would make a great gift thanks!
I am trying not to lick the page! These will be delicious and easy to make for my cookie exchanges we do during holidays like Easter,Christmas and so on with my friends.They look so sublime!
ohhhhh yummy these look heavenly , so delish , i will be trying them out for sure thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂
These look delicious. The ingredients and instructions are simple. With this being so simple I can make them quickly without taking up my time.
We made these agin last nightjust 1/2 batch tho because they are way too delicious
I know it`s Christmas and not Easter but what`s in a name….
besides all these luscious ingredients.
They look so decadent.
You could eat thse all year round!
OMG this should be illegal, they look so delicious!
We made some the other day for the grandkids,they are enjoying them.
These look like they could be very addicting to a peanut butter /chocoholic like me.Thanks so much for this delicious and decadent recipe.
This recipe appeals to my love of chocolate and peanut butter.
I’m looking up stuff now for this easter and would love to give these a try!
This sounds so delicious love peanut butter and chocolate, thank you for the recipe