Easter weekend is happening in just a few weeks! Are you curious to know what’s happening in and around Ottawa? Get ready to jot down some great ideas as we are sharing some Easter family activities in Ottawa everyone will enjoy!
EASTER ACTIVITIES IN OTTAWA
Click on the link of each activity to verify dates and times as these may change without notice. Most Easter Sunday family activities in Ottawa will require you to purchase your tickets in advance on their websites. Please make sure you check out the websites before heading out to any of these Ottawa Easter activities happening near you.
1. Easter Egg Hunt in Ottawa at Little Monkey’s indoor playground
Activities at the Little Monkey’s include a Magical Easter Egg Hunt with Princesses, Superheroes, and the Easter Bunny!
- Easter Egg Hunt throughout the play area
- Crafts, songs, and games in the party rooms
- Photo Ops and meet-and-greet with characters
Please note that tickets are not available at the door and must be purchased in advance.
2. EASTER WEEKEND AND PROULX MAPLE AND BERRY FARM March 5th to April 10th, 2023.
Plenty of fun is waiting for families at Proulx Maple Berry Farm. Outdoor farm activities and sugar bush visits.
3. EASTER AT THE ESTATE – BILLINGS ESTATE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE SATURDAY, APRIL 8th, 2023
Go back in time to see what Easter was like for the Billings when you visit the Billings Estate National Historic Site. Discover how spring brought about the theme of renewal as seen in Victorian-era Easter imagery and celebrations while doing fun activities and games with your family. Be a part of their Easter egg hunt, decorate eggs with traditional dyes, and plant and take home your own carrot seed to watch it grow! The Easter Bunny will hop by the Estate to say hello!
4. Easter Bunny Photo Magic March 17th to April 9th – Monday – Saturday 11am-7pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm
Find the Easter Bunny in BMO Court near Boathouse and Doucet Jewellers. Photo packages are available for purchase. Walk-ups are welcome, but we strongly recommend reservations. Please note that pets are welcome ONLY on Pet Night, Monday, March 27th from 5pm-7pm.
5. BUNNY HOP AT ASHFIELD FARM ON SATURDAY, APRIL 8th, 2023
At the Ashfield Farm, hop around from station to station with a hands-on adventure including decorating your very own magical cupcake before being sat for the easter bunny tea, snuggling the snuggliest bunnies while listening to easter story time, creating a spring time craft to take home, meeting animals from the petting zoo, riding ponies, and participating in an epic Easter egg hunt!
6. EASTER AT THE FARM AT THE LOG FARM FROM APRIL 7th and 8th, 2023
Easter activities will take place around the Log Farm in Ottawa. The Easter egg hunt is included in your admission. Easter family fun day include egg hunt in the forest, visit all the Farm animals and bunnies, and fun times at the kids play area.
7. OTTAWA FARMER’S MARKET SUNDAY Until April 30th, 2023
The Winter Farmer’s Market at Lansdowne Park in Ottawa features 50+ artisans and farmers, who produce their edible goods and intricate crafts.
8. METCALFE EASTER FARMERS MARKET ON SATURDAY APRIL 16TH, 2022
The Metcalfe Easter Farmers Market has more than 50 vendors that offer locally produced items. Purchase unique gifts for Easter including some fresh baked goods.
9. Hop Into Spring at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum Saturday, April 8 from 10 am to 4 pm.
The Easter Bunny will be spotted at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum You can view furry and feathered visitors from the Heritage Livestock Club of Eastern Ontario, see how wool is transformed into thread with the Ottawa Valley Weavers and Spinners Guild. Crate some beautiful flower decorations to prepare the village for Easter, plant your own Morning Glory seeds, spot Farmer Peep’s lost lambs in a scavenger hunt, and more!
Advance registration is strongly encouraged. Walk-ins will only be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis, if capacity allows.
10. OTTAWA MUSEUMS
These Ottawa museums have exhibitions and demonstrations for visitors to enjoy during Easter weekend.
- National Gallery of Canada
- Canadian Museum of History
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Canadian War Museum
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
11. Fun Easter Activities To Do At Home
Is Easter more of an at-home affair? There are many activities for families you can do at home during the Easter weekend! If you are looking to take it easy this Easter weekend, take a look at the ideas and recipes on the blog to keep your family entertained!
Hopefully, this list of Easter activities for families in Ottawa will give you some egg-spiration to plan some fun activities for everyone to enjoy!