Whether it’s a day out with the family or a romantic date with your spouse, picnics can be a great way to spend a warm afternoon. If you’re thinking that a boring sandwich is your only option, think again! There are so many great foods you can pack for a picnic. Fruit salads, savoury salads, wraps, and even fried chicken all make amazing dishes for the perfect picnic. You will find below Tasty Treats For Perfect Picnics!
Remember when packing a picnic, you definitely want to take proper care to keep foods at the right temperature. This may mean having to forgo the cute, old-school picnic basket, but if it means avoiding salmonella, you’ll be happy you went with a cooler or insulated bag. Of course, an insulated bag also has the advantage of allowing you to keep your foods warm, if you want to serve a hot dish!
Picnics can be a great way to get the kids out of the house on a boring summer’s day. Load up the cooler and head to the local park. The kids can play and then enjoy a delicious lunch. This can be just as nice for the mom as it is for the kids. You’ll love kicking back under a shade tree and reading a good book while the kids play.
Below, you’re going to find some tasty treats for the perfect summer picnic. Whether you’re looking for something to round out the meal, or looking for a main dish, you’ll find something you want to try. There’s something for everyone!
Tasty Treats For Perfect Picnics
If you have a favourite dish you like to take to a picnic, share it below! Maybe if we all had more recipes, we’d make more time to get outdoors and enjoy a delicious meal with our loved ones!
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad – Yellow Bliss Road
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken – The Little Epicurean
- Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad – Tastes of Lizzy T.
- Summertime Fruit Salad – Cookie and Kate
- Best Ever Potato Salads – Julie’s Eats and Treats
- Picnic Cake – Fav Family Recipes
- Caprese Sandwich With Parsley Pesto – Jessica in the Kitchen
- Italian Pressed Picnic Sandwiches – Love to Be in the Kitchen
- Easy Key Lime Bars – Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip With Kettle Brand Chips – Bless This Mess Please
- Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels – Dinner At the Zoo
- Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders – The Comfort of Cooking
- Strawberry Pretzel Fluff Salad – The First Year Blog
- Simple Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Dipping Sauce – Cookie and Kate
- Peanut Butter Brownie Dessert – Inside Bru Crew Life
- Old Fashion Macaroni Salad – Ottawa Mommy Club