Summer days are fun, but they can be long if the kids are bored! Keeping them busy with fun activities outside is a sure way to have happy kids and happy parents 🙂 This summer, I’ve already kept the kids busy with an Ice Dig, twice already. It’s a fun activity that gets them to dig into ice to find treasures, toys, and plastic animals. You can also bring it out for a play date or birthday party!
Keeping the Kids Busy with and Ice Dig!
Here’s What You Need:
- Bucket (I got mine at the Dollar Store)
- Food colouring
- Plastic toys/animals (the ones you have or bought at the Dollar Store)
Here’s What You Do:
- Fill the bucket halfway with water, add a few drops of blue food colouring and give it a good stir.
- Drop in a few dinos, animals and other plastic toys. Let that freeze for the day. You want to do it in stages, otherwise all the toys will sink to the bottom of the bucket and your dig won’t last long!
- Fill up the rest of the bucket with water and add more toys.
- Let it freeze overnight and VOILA… a great afternoon of digging!
Have you ever kept the kids busy with a dig? If yes, what did it consist of? Comment below!
Keep it Beautiful.
Oh my, this looks like so much fun (and would definitely keep the kids busy for a WHILE haha).
That sounds like a fun idea for slightly older kids! I`ll need to keep it in mind as my toddler gets older. 🙂
What a great idea
So simple but fun
What a great idea. Encouraging future archeologists.
Fantastic, wonderful way to keep those little hands busy but don’t they get very cold?
What a great idea,I am going to get this ready and do it the next hot day ! thanks
We done this will the kids and they had so much fun
My sons will love doing this in the summer!
When the weather warm enough here we will do this one again
love this hahahah
lots of treasures there
i sign up for you for the reason
This is a great way to keep the kids busy