The thing I love most about this three-ingredient pull apart cheesy garlic bread is how little you need to get the job done. Garlic spread and cheese are the only two things you need to enhance an ordinary loaf of bread. The result is mind-blowing.
Once you start doing this you will want to make it a regular pre-meal snack. If you don’t know, pull apart bread is exactly like it sounds. You serve it up whole and everybody at the table picks at it by pulling it apart and taking a piece. The gooey melted cheese that holds the pieces together makes the pull apart bread with cheese effect even better.
Pulling Apart Your Cheesy Garlic Bread
As you do the pull-apart motion, you get this really satisfying stretchy melted cheese that makes it look as incredible as it tastes. It’s a lot like pulling apart a halved grilled cheese sandwich, but even better! The key is great ingredients and a little bit of technique which I will share with you here before you make this recipe. There are only a few simple steps to follow to make this easy pull apart garlic cheese bread, which you can buy at the bakery section of your local grocery store. It’s very easy to do and doesn’t take much time, so add this to your weekly rotation whenever you want a cheesy appetizer or a high-calorie snack.
The Secret to Great pull apart cheese and garlic bread
The only tricky element here is your knife work. You need to score the bread which means you must make a grid in the loaf by cutting into it with your knife. You can’t slice all the way through, but your cuts can’t be too shallow either. It isn’t complicated or difficult. You just have to be careful. If you like to be methodical about your garlic spread application, try this: Slice one way and then spread in the garlic in one smear across each cut. Then slice the other direction and apply the rest. This way you will have less to cover after the squares are made.
Cheese For Garlic Bread
Use any cheese you like, but think about how you like your grilled cheese. Shredded cheese that comes in larger weightier slivers is better for getting in the cracks. Otherwise, you will need to poke the cheese in. Slices of cheese wedged between gaps in the bread are also an easy way to get coverage more quickly. This is such a good pull apart bread with cheese!
Pull apart garlic cheese bread recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Serves: makes 1 loaf
- 1 large uncut bread loaf such as an oval loaf, Italian oval, rustic white bread, or a crusty rustic bread.
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (cheddar or your favourite cheese)
- ½ cup of garlic butter or store bought garlic spread or homemade garlic butter spread
How to make pull apart garlic cheese bread
Take the loaf and score the top. You can do this by cutting around the loaf and then cutting “squares” of bread. You don’t want to cut right through, so be careful.
Spread the garlic butter into each “cut”. You don’t have to do this perfectly, just try to get the spread into each cut as best you can.
Stuff cheese into each section and then remaining on top.
Place in 325 degree oven for 8-12 minutes. Remove and pull apart the garlic cheese bread.
I hope you enjoyed this Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe as much as I did! If you make it, please share your photos with us on Facebook or Twitter! Also, check out all of our other Recipes.
Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 large uncut bread loaf such as an oval loaf Italian oval, rustic white bread, or a crusty rustic bread.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese cheddar or your favourite cheese
- ½ cup garlic butter or garlic spread store bought or homemade
- Take the loaf and score the top. You can do this by cutting around the loaf and then cutting “squares” of bread. You don’t want to cut right through, so be careful.
- score the top of the loaf bread
- Spread the garlic butter into each “cut”. You don’t have to do this perfectly, just try to get the spread into each cut as best you can.
- Stuff cheese into each section and then remaining on top.
- Place in 325 degree oven for 8-12 minutes. Remove and pull apart the garlic cheese bread.
- garlic spread (store bought or homemade garlic butter spread)
This is a great idea will have to try this out on the weekend.
This looks delicious! I am definitely going to try this recipe.
Oh geesh! My family is going to love this one!!
I’ve never tried making garlic and cheese bread, but this looks to good and easy, and I’m able to make this plant based as well. Thank you
It’s so easy and my pleasure!
This bread looks delicious and fun to eat
This one looks delicious to make. My grandchildren love bread.
Yummy. I would love to make this. I know my son would gobble this up
If you do, let me know how he liked it!
Oh this looks so good!! The kids and I would love this with a big family spaghetti dinner!
This cheesy garlic bread looks so yummy.