Thanksgiving. It is the time of the year that family and friends get together to catch up and make memories over a sumptuous meal. What is one of the most popular traditions Canadians like to celebrate during this time of year? Sitting down to dig into a Canadian turkey dinner. Whether this will be your first or twentieth Thanksgiving you are hosting, Canadian Turkey would like to help you enjoy this holiday by making this All-In-One Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Bowl!
Whether your gathering includes a few or a flock of people, Thanksgiving can be a celebration for everyone to enjoy. Canadian turkey is a perfect protein to serve to your family, regardless of the number assembled at your table. It can be prepared to also fit size of celebration you are planning.
How to roast a turkey?
Will it be an intimate affair at your home this year? Roasting a half turkey is a great solution to enjoy! It cooks just as well as a whole bird. This would be great for single parents, empty nesters or romantic couples that want to have a fabulous Thanksgiving meal but on a smaller scale. Canadian Turkey has put together a large collection of recipes to make bringing this plan to fruition. Another tip to keep in mind for smaller Thanksgiving gatherings is to ask your local butcher or grocer for a hand in helping you bring turkey for a small group of people to your table easier.
What is one of the best parts of roasting a whole bird for many Canadians? It has to be the leftovers available to enjoy for days after the meal has been eaten and cleared away. Having Thanksgiving leftovers from a whole bird allows you to have amazing meals in the freezer ready to heat up and eat for a busy weeknight meal. Turkey leftovers also allows for the creation of new meals for your family. This popular protein pairs with so many different flavours that it can substitute for other meat to create a new family favourite dish. Even the leftover bones are useful. They can be used to make a yummy stock or soup!
Curious as to what you can come up with when using your Canadian turkey leftovers in a meal for your family? Take a look at this recipe for All-In-One Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Bowl and a video to guide you through putting it together for some inspiration!
All-In-One Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Bowl Recipe
- 2 cups leftover Thanksgiving turkey chopped (either white or dark meat or a combination of both)
- 2 cups stuffing
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup gravy
- 4-6 individual sized ovenproof containers portions will vary according to size of containers
- Place 1 tablespoon of gravy in the bottom of each container and spread around.
- Layer on a portion of turkey meat.
- Top with another tablespoon of gravy.
- Add a layer of stuffing.
- Dollop with 1-2 tablespoons cranberry sauce.
- Top with a layer of mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 20-25 minutes until leftovers are heated through and potatoes are lightly browned on top.
- Serve with any extra gravy or cranberry sauce on the side.
These casseroles are so versatile you can easily customize them! Add in a layer of any extra veggies you might have on hand like chopped brussel sprouts, greens, sweet potatoes, carrots or mushrooms for an easy recipe twist and veggie boost. You can use this same technique with your turkey any time of year.
For other Canadian Turkey recipes, you can visit our recipe category!
Need a bit of assistance to put your Thanksgiving meal underway? Check out these tips that will help you get through your holiday meal from the grocery bag to your Thanksgiving table and beyond!
5 WAYS TO MASTER THANKSGIVING PREP AND PLANNING
- Want to have leftover turkey after your meal is done? Order a turkey that is several pounds bigger than what you need. Extra turkey can be stored and frozen to use for quick and easy meals later on.
- Save a step and reduce clean up time by making your side dishes in oven-to-table Dutch ovens and cast iron or casserole dishes that work double-duty as cooking dishes as well as serving dishes.
- Extra turkey broth is an invaluable tool to keep on hand – perfect to heat up mashed potatoes that have become solid, add to mashed cauliflower or squash, add juiciness to breast that may be overcooked or to top up gravy when you need a little more.
- To cut down on cooking time, cook your stuffing on the side. This gives you more of your favourite crunchy bits and saves you time in the oven.
- Leftover turkey freezes well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for a quick start to a weekday meal. Visit www.canadianturkey.ca for recipe inspiration and make salads, soups, pastas or casseroles in a snap!
With all of these tips and tricks at hand, this year’s Thanksgiving festivities are sure to be a success! Canadian Turkey can help to make your turkey preparations easy! You can visit them on their website to find recipe ideas to try and to create soups, salads, pastas or casseroles in a flash! No matter how many people are seated around your table for this holiday, make this #CdnTradition special with Canadian turkey!
Want to see what Canadian Turkey can do to help make your Thanksgiving holiday memorable? You can visit them on their website or connect with them on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube pages!
Disclaimer: This post was generously sponsored by Canadian Turkey.