BRAND NEW TO CANADA, free2b Snack Breaks and Sun Cups are stress-free, no-brainer treats everyone can enjoy. Made in small batches without the top 10 food allergens and fortified by superfoods like sunflower seeds and blueberries, free2b are made WITHOUT peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, soy, wheat, and are verifiably vegan, Kosher, and non-GMO certified!
Did you know 2.5 million Canadians self-report having at least one food allergy?* And that 300,000 Canadian children under 18 live with food allergies? (*Overall Prevalence of Self-reported Food Allergy in Canada, 2015) Canadians commonly suffer from food allergies and the dangers associated with them are so severe that many schools across Canada outright ban allergy-inducing foods like peanut butter from school lunches and snacks.
Thankfully, there’s good news! Back to school season has arrived, and NEW free2b chocolate treats are free of Canada’s top 10 food allergens. This new tasty treat is here to take the stress off parents and provide chocolate lovers (of all ages) with a delectable answer to allergy and dietary restrictions. Newly launched in Canada and distributed nationally by Layda’s Yummies Inc., free2b is high-quality, small batch chocolate and confectionary that answers the call for allergy sufferers and dietary conscious consumers from coast to coast.
An allergen-safe alternative to traditional chocolate bark, free2b Snack Breaks come in three delicious flavours:
- Dark Chocolate with Dried Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds;
- Dark Chocolate with Organic Crushed Peppermint; and
- Rice Chocolate with Dried Blueberries and Rice Crisps.
They are snackable, shareable, and packed with superfoods like pumpkin seeds and blueberries! Perfect on their own for a mid-day lunchbox treat, guiltless dessert, fail-safe gift, and inclusion in your favourite recipes. This premium confectionery is top 10 allergen free, vegan, and over-the-top-tasty.
Snack Breaks retail from $7.99 – $9.99 in-store at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix locations nation-wide now.
They are even more delicious into a recipe such as in a Chocolate Mousse!
- 2 oz. free2B Blueberry Crunch Snack Breaks broken up
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup margarine look for a vegan, dairy-free, or soy-free version
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup rice milk
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- free2b Blueberry Crunch Snack Breaks for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbled Blueberry Crunch Snack Breaks, cocoa powder, espresso powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat.
- Sift together the chickpea flour and tapioca starch. Whisking constantly, gradually add the flour mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sugar to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add the rice milk and vanilla extract. Cook over medium heat until thickened and just bubbly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Immediately whisk the chocolate mixture into the saucepan until melted and smooth.
- Pour the mousse into small bowls or glasses and allow them to cool. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with Blueberry Crunch Snack Breaks
free2b crafts high quality, small batch chocolate and was founded in 2008 by chocolatier David Lurie, who began by making Sun Cups, nut-free chocolate cups. free2b has expanded into making other dietary law and allergen-conscious chocolate bars and barks. Their product range includes Snack Breaks and a variety of other treats.