Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies
The first time I mentioned making this cookie to my kids, they were not all that enthusiastic about me baking them. After making all the basic cookies that I could possibly find, it was time to venture out of my comfort zone and try something new out. Never would I have thought, to mix oatmeal and coconut with white chocolate. That just sounds like the weirdest combination I have ever even heard of. After some thoughtful consideration, my oldest looked at me and said “Mom, don’t knock it until you try it”. So that’s what I did. I made up a batch of Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies. Whew, that’s a mouthful.
When I think of a cookie, I think of something that is soft and chewy, with chocolate oozing out of every bite and it fits perfectly in a cold cup of milk. I will also be the first to tell you, that when I think of a cookie, it does not include coconut or oatmeal. After baking this mix, I tell you, I am seeing coconut and oatmeal in a whole new perspective now. Who would have thought that all of these flavors would mingle together and create a cookie that is not only soft and chewy but dunks perfectly into a cup of milk?! Are you ready to try them out?
These are the ingredients you will need for my Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies:
2/3 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
They are really easy to make! Here is how to bake them:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Begin to add eggs, mixing well
4. In a separate bowl, lightly stir the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt
5. Now slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well
6. Once the batter is mixed stir in cranberries, coconut and white chocolate chips
7. I then use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet lightly rounded the cookie dough into a ball shape pat to flatten slightly
8. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges
9. Let cool for a couple minutes on the pan, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool
I hope you enjoyed my Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies as much as my family and I did. If you make it, make sure to share with us on Facebook or Twitter! Also, check out all of our other Recipes.
Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Begin to add eggs, mixing well
- In a separate bowl, lightly stir the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well
- Once the batter is mixed stir in cranberries, coconut and white chocolate chips
- I then use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet lightly rounded the cookie dough into a ball shape pat to flatten slightly
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges
- Let cool for a couple minutes on the pan, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool
I just love coconut!! Never thought of adding it to oatmeal cookies!! I bet they are super yummy with the cranberries and white chocolate 🙂
wow talk about the most perfect combination! I love oatmeal cookies but have never paired them up with some of my favorites other then Chocolate chips! I would love to give these a try
These look great and delicious; I love how you’ve changed up the traditional Oatmeal Cookies with coconut and white chocolate.
These sound really good and a great way to use up my dried cranberries, thanks for the great recipe!!
What a delicious-sounding combination of flavours – all in one cookie!
These would be so good. I love dried cranberries in cookies and coconut is yummy with oatmeal.
This sounds so festive! I love that they have cranberries in them! Yummy!!!!
There are lots of good things in these cookies.I think I will make them for sure on my next baking spree.
I’m afraid that I don’t like coconut so could I just add other nuts? Love the idea of cranberries and white chocolate though 🙂
You can or just omit it.
Looks like a great recipe, not too much butter and sugar. I’ll change to chocolate chips. Thanks.
I like the simple ingredients. Got to try making this pretty soon
Trying these yummy cookies this week-end thank you
These cookies sound and look awesome. I think I will try these.
These look really yummy!
These cookies sound so delicious
These look like just the kind we like, I’ll give them a try with chocolate chips. Thanks.
Tried these cookies and they are super – made them to go in lunch boxes, but not very many left.
Wow I thought I had tried every variety of cookie there is lol these look awesome . I’ll pin it to try later .
I love the ingredients in these cookies especially the white chocolate
I love that they have cranberries,they look so tasty!
Very bland cookie . Would add cinnamon , nutmeg , orange zest or juice . Needs something