Summer is right around the corner! Finally, we can say goodbye to our never-ending Canadian winters and focus on enjoying the warm weather and outdoor activities! No more coats, boots, gloves, and that irritating snow, but we’re instead saying hello to seasonal allergies, sunburns, and sand getting everywhere. This year, stay ahead and be summer smart and taking the necessary precautions to make the most out of those sunny days!
Tips To Be Summer Smart
Here are a few tips you can try to help you be summer smart:
- Enjoy the sun – responsibly!
- Making a conscious choice to keep your skin happy and healthy is crucial all year, but especially in the summer season. Finding your right sunscreen can be challenging, but the new Coppertone® ClearlySheer Whipped leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. The rich and creamy foam absorbs quickly while protecting me from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Don’t sweat it!
- Staying active and exploring the outdoors is an integral part of a successful summer, but when you sweat, there are extra steps you need to take to be summer smart and sun safe. Including hydrating more often and choosing a sunscreen that can take the heat. For sunscreen, the Coppertone Sport® Sunscreen Stick with SPF 50 has you covered. It stays on strong even when you sweat and won’t run into eyes and sting! To boot, it’s even water resistant for 80 minutes!
- Don’t overdo it!
- We all want to make the most of the beautiful weather but knowing your limits and taking appropriate breaks is important to enjoy the summer responsibly and be summer smart. Monitor your breathing and heat levels. If your body is telling you to rest and cool down, make sure you listen.
- Get into the habit of bringing a reusable water bottle and snacks with you!
- Particularly during those extremely warm summer days, I’m always grateful to have water and snacks on me at all times, no matter what I’m doing. Drinking water continuously throughout the day while you’re out and about (especially under the sun) helps prevent dehydration, and that snack could make all the difference if you (or a family member/friend) begin to feel a little light headed at any given time.
- Treat your seasonal allergies!
- With the blooms and buds comes pollen. A runny nose, sneezing and tearing of the eyes can force us indoors, depriving us from enjoying those glorious summer days. When my allergies start acting up, I take Aerius®. It gives me multi-symptom 24-hour relief. Aerius® is non-drowsy so it can help you function normally, both at school and at work.
What are some of the things you do to be summer smart?
This post is sponsored by Bayer. To be sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.
Protect eyes with sunglasses, wear a hat, and always hydrate. Wear uv protective clothing or sunscreen too
I’m so happy that summer is just around the corner and the warmer weather is finally here because for someone like me whose handicapped the cold weather is not good.
Yippee the best time of the year is here !
I get allergies all year round but worse this time of year. Good products. Thanks for sharing.