This post is sponsored by Bayer. To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.
Ah, Spring! It is undoubtedly worth celebrating in Canada after the end of yet another treacherous and horrid winter! T’is the season for blooming colourful flowers, greener yards, a brighter sun, alongside a fresh and crisp air that is just so — oh, filled with icky pollen!
Don’t let the budding trees and pesky dandelions stand in the way of your spring fun! Millions of Canadians suffer from seasonal allergies, but dealing with them shouldn’t be considered a chore! It’s time to take back spring and conquer those runny nose and watery eyes! Below are a five tips to ensure that this allergy season will be symptom-free!
Five Tips for a Symptom-Free Allergy Season!
1. Stay away from lawn duty!
- If your neighbour has freshly cut his lawn, best stay indoors for a little while! Keeping the grass on your lawn short will also help reduce the amount of grass allergens that can spread in the air. So if you know cutting your lawn will only worsen your allergies, try asking your partner, children, close friends, or hiring someone if need be to do it for you! Worse case scenario, wearing a filter mask can help you cut the lawn or tend to your garden without inhaling any allergens!
2. Limit your time outdoors!
- The pollen count is at its highest during the early morning hours and during very windy days, so staying inside during those times will assuredly help your allergies! And if you happen to be someone who enjoys those morning runs, try running inside with a home treadmill or at the gym instead!
3. Keep your allergy medication ready and at your side!
- Before those sniffles hit, have your allergy medication ready at home or at any other easily accessible location. Antihistamines, the most common pharmaceutical ingredient in allergy medication, acts as an inhibitor to histamine. Histamine triggers the allergic response in your body. By blocking the signal, you won’t have to worry about sneezing the day away! Claritin® Allergy + Sinus Extra Strength offers an effective relief against allergies caused by pollen, grass, dust, ragweed, pets, and moulds. It even has a 24h symptom relief for your most bothersome allergy symptoms such as nasal congestion, sinus pressure and congestion, post nasal drip, itchy and/or watery eyes, sneezing, and runny nose.
4. Your air conditioner can become your best friend!
- Rather than opening your windows at home or in your car whilst driving to let the breeze in (and all the allergens!), consider turning on your air conditioner this allergy season! It will allow you to keep cool whilst simultaneously keeping your symptoms in check! By using your AC if your allergies are provoked by plants, controlling the air around you is a great way to reduce your symptoms.
5. Clear up those sinuses!
- For some, attempting to clear up stuffy sinuses and sinus pressure can become quite the tricky ordeal! AERIUS® Dual Action 12hr combines the use of AERIUS® antihistamine multi-symptom allergy relief with a specific extra action on nasal congestion, pressure, and stuffiness for up to twelve hours! It will also relieve sneezing, itchy and/or runny nose, itchy ears, itchy palate, and itchy, burning, watery red eyes.
This allergy season, which helpful tips will you be using to reduce those bothersome allergy symptoms?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Bayer. To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.