Back to School Breakfast Solutions – The Most Important Meal of the Day
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but many students go to school every day without having breakfast. As a result, these kids don’t have the energy needed to stay focused throughout the day. They’re tired and sometimes, irritable and cranky. However, getting kids, especially teens to eat breakfast can be a challenge with the limited time you have to work with in the mornings. So, how do you solve this problem?
Here are five back to school breakfast solutions that may help:
1. Serve oatmeal or whole grain cereal for breakfast. Add a banana or strawberries to the cereal to make it more appetizing and healthy.
2. Both fresh and dried fruits make a wonderful breakfast option that is healthy and delicious.
3. For teens that simply don’t have time to sit down and even eat a bowl of cereal, granola or breakfast bars are a healthy solution.
4. For the picky eater, a fun breakfast presentation is ideal. How about a sundae? A banana split sundae with cottage cheese, peanuts or almonds, and fresh fruits topped with a drizzle of maple syrup.
5. Protein is key. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter on 2 whole wheat toasts, cook 2 eggs with kale or eggs and bean for a burrito sandwich, or use greek yogurt over a banana. These healthy breakfast ideas are full of protein.
Set a good example for your kids by making sure you eat breakfast every day. They follow in your footsteps and if you don’t eat, they’ll make up excuses to not do it either.
If your mornings are too hectic to cook, sit down, and eat breakfast before heading to school, try one or more of the breakfast solutions above to make sure your kids are getting a nutritious meal every morning. After all, it is the most important meal of the day.
What is your favourite breakfast recipe?