There’s something wonderful about having a juicy piece of watermelon on a hot summer’s day. It’s a great way to help you stay hydrated and oh so refreshing. Of course, watermelon can also be used to make some yummy treats. You can also be inspired by watermelon to make watermelon desserts or shaped treats. For example, you might make some watermelon-flavoured candy or cookies that look like watermelon slices. You’re only limited by your creativity!
Below you’ll find thirteen watermelon desserts that are perfect for summer. Whether you want something cold and refreshing or baked goods, you will love these desserts. If you’re having a summer cookout, these are the perfect treats. Everyone will love trying something different. One that you’ll definitely want to try if you’re trying to eat healthier is the watermelon pizza. It’s loaded with fruit and can be easily customized. Try topping it with your favorite summer fruits to get the exact flavor you like.
Watermelon is a great fruit to work with, but is often served as is. There’s nothing wrong with that; however, if you want to try something different, you’ll love these desserts. And, if you don’t care for watermelon, you will still love the desserts that are made to look like watermelon. If you’re looking for fun desserts to make with the kids this summer, you’ll want to check out the list below!
Remember, fun desserts don’t have to be loaded with fat. Some of the recipes below are great for those that are looking to eat healthier this summer. For example, a watermelon sorbet is an almost fat-free treat everyone will enjoy.
If you’re not sure how to use up all the watermelon in your house this summer, try some of these recipes. There are some really good ones to choose from and many are super fun to make.
13 Wonderful Watermelon Desserts
- Watermelon Jerky by Southern Plate
- Cream of Coconut and Watermelon Chilled Soup by Fearless Dining
- Melon Berry Pops by Spend with Pennies
- Watermelon Yogurt Bark by Hello Wonderful
- Watermelon Cake Balls by Pint Sized Treasures
- 2 Ingredient Watermelon Soft Serve by Kennary
- Watermelon Cake Donuts by A Cultivated Nest
- Watermelon Sorbet by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Zero Points Strawberry Watermelon Pops by Tatertots and Jello
- Sweet and Tangy Watermelon Cupcakes by DIY Beauty
- Grilled Pineapple and Watermelon Kabobs by A Night Owl
- Mason Jar Watermelon Cakes by Pizzazarie
- Watermelon Fruit Pizza by Practically Functional