How to Treat Yourself on Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is the perfect time for your spouse and children to show you how much they appreciate all you do for them. Most likely, they have a big day planed for you starting with breakfast in bed or ending with a nice dinner. However, you may be able to still squeeze in a little “me” time around their plans to treat yourself on Mother’s Day.
Here are five suggestions on how to have a little time for yourself on this special holiday:
1. Meet a friend at the local coffee shop for some great conversation and mocha. Then go shopping together for a few hours afterwards. Buy yourself something you wouldn’t normally purchase while you’re out.
2. Have a girl’s night out. Call up a few friends and make plans to go out on the town for the evening. Have dinner at your favourite restaurant and then go sightseeing or to the movies.
3. Stay home and pamper yourself with a soothing bath and glass of wine while listening to some soft music. When you’re done, do your nails, moisturize your skin, or try one of those new hair styles you recently learned about.
4. Sleep in. Not necessarily easy to accomplish when you have kids! Get your spouse to take the kids for breakfast at a restaurant or outside to a nearby park while you get some well deserved sleep.
5. A getaway. Leave your spouse in charge of the family household, pack an overnight bag on Saturday, and head out to a hotel. The uninterrupted time alone just for yourself will have you come back revitalized on Sunday.
Treating yourself on Mother’s Day will help you feel refreshed and ready to resume your role as mom. Being with your family is the most important thing in the world but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little time alone or with friends!