Planning a Summer Vacation on a Budget
If you’re looking for an escape from reality this summer, you may be wondering what you can do on a limited budget. Fortunately, there are a number of ways you can enjoy yourself while not spending loads of money.
Here are some tips for planning a summer vacation on a budget:
1. Consider taking a staycation. If you’ve been wanting to check out that local water or amusement park, why not take the opportunity to do so? Another option is to go camping at a local state or national park.
2. Look for ways to save money. Check out sites like Groupon, RetailMeNot, and LivingSocial for deals and coupons that you can use during your trip. This can lead to huge savings.
3. Find free or low cost things to do. Museums, zoos, and other attractions sometimes offer free days. Also find out what other free or low cost attractions you and your family may be interested in, such as local parks or public pools.
4. Avoid traveling during the holidays. Summer holiday weekends are very popular times for people to vacation, which means that you’ll end up paying more money for your hotel room or travel expenses.
5. Consider bringing friends or family. Believe it or not, this can save you bundles of money. If you’re going to the beach, for example, it’s generally less expensive to rent a house for the week than to stay at a hotel.
6. Don’t eat out for every meal. Packing your own meals is one of the most effective ways to save money on a vacation. Bake muffins and snacks the day before you are leaving and bring them with you on the trip. If you plan to stay at a hotel, ask if they have a compact refrigerator in the room so you can store some food. Head out to a local grocery store to purchase lunch items for a picnic and add fruits, snacks and water bottles.
These are just some tips for planning a summer vacation on a budget!
What are your tips? Comment below!