If you’re planning to go on a vacation this summer, you may be looking for ways to make traveling easier. Fortunately, there are a number of tips and tricks that can make things less hectic. You will find below 18 Summer Vacation Travel Hacks You Need to Know!
18 Summer Vacation Travel Hacks
- When packing, place shoes in shower caps to prevent your clothes from getting dirty.
- Let your bank and credit card companies know you will be traveling so they don’t freeze your account due to “suspicious” transactions.
- Save the sample-sized toothpastes and toothbrushes you get from the dentist for your toiletries bag.
- Store chargers and other cords in an old sunglasses/glasses case.
- Check FourSquare for WiFi passwords when traveling.
- Take collapsible laundry bags to store dirty clothing.
- Consider getting a city pass to get free or low cost admittance to popular tourist attractions, such as museums.
- Check sites like Groupon to get deals on local restaurants, attractions, and more.
- Roll your clothes when you pack in order to create more space in your luggage.
- Go grocery shopping for items like bottled water and snacks to prevent overspending at the hotel’s vending machines.
- When traveling to another country, use the ATM to get cash in the local currency without unnecessary fees.
- Use a pill container to store your jewelry.
- To prevent plastic bottles from leaking in your luggage, place a plastic wrap over the container and seal it with the cap.
- Throw leftover hotel soaps in your dirty laundry bag, so the dirty clothes don’t stink up your suitcase. A dryer sheet also works well.
- Make a to-do list of items to bring, places to visits, times to be ready, and more! You can even use an app like Wunderlist (free for iPhone and Android) to help you out.
- Refill travel-size containers of hand cream, shampoos, or conditioners instead of buying new ones.
- Use tissue paper to wrap clothes to avoid wrinkles.
- Avoid data roaming charges on your cell phone by only using Wi-Fi. You can use offline maps like CityMaps2Go and hidden offline maps feature on the Google Maps app. Make sure you download the app before you leave and have selected your destination city. The app will cache all the map data that is currently on your screen.
These are just some summer vacation travel hacks to keep in mind!