This delicious Peanut Butter Ice Cream Dome does not require any special culinary skills to make! They will look so stylish to give to your family or guests for a special dessert.
As summer approaches, I am frequently reminded that ice cream is now officially in season! That means it’s the perfect time to put my sphere molds to good use on a fun presentation for one of my favourite sunny day treats. Part of the reason I picked up these sphere molds is that I love the appearance of dome-shaped desserts such as cake and mousse made in a beautiful glossy shell. If you are also a fan of this elegant but simple plating style, you will be thrilled to know that an ice cream dome is incredibly easy to make. It’s so easy that I had to throw in a couple of embellishments, just to make this an extra special afternoon treat.
What Makes A Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Dome?
Besides the obvious, I couldn’t resist making this ice cream dome recipe even more chocolatey and peanut buttery than the name implies. These gorgeous domes are filled and topped with peanut butter and chocolate, so even the most crazed pb&c fan will be satisfied. Plus, the dome controls the serving size so you don’t have to worry about anybody overindulging in this sweet recipe. The inside of the ice cream sphere includes a surprise peanut butter cup and the top of the dome is drizzled with chocolate and crushed peanuts. This recipe is similar to a Tartufo.
How To Melt Chocolate Chips
There are two main ways that you can melt chocolate to make the chocolate dome shell. The fastest way is in the microwave with a microwavable safe bowl, but it’s not necessarily the easiest. You may have difficulty with the melted chocolate consistency and it may seize up on you quickly if you don’t work fast on the dome molds. The other method is a double boiler if you have one. This is the most proper and helpful way to melt chocolate. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can try to make one of your own using stacked saucepans or a glass bowl that can withstand the heat and will fit over a single saucepan.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Dome
- Yield: 6
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Total time: overnight in freezer for setting
Ingredients You Will Need
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips (dark or white will also work)
- 2.5 cups of Peanut Butter Ice cream
- 6 chocolate peanut butter cups
- Chocolate sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 4 tbsp of chopped peanuts
How To Make The Chocolate Domes
Melt milk chocolate chips either in the microwave or by using a double boiler (see above explanation). Pour a small amount of chocolate into each of the 6 sphere molds. Drag chocolate with a spoon up the sides until the mold is covered. Place in freezer for 5 minutes. This will allow the chocolate to quickly set up.
How To Make The Ice Cream Dome
Remove the spheres from the freezer and fill each dome with peanut butter ice cream (while still in mold) up to about ¾ full. Press a peanut butter cup into the middle. Press down gently.
Place back into the freezer for 20 minutes. Remove each ice cream dome from mold and top with remaining chocolate and level with a spatula. Place back into the freezer overnight.
When you are ready to serve, place on a plate and drizzle some chocolate sauce on top. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
I hope you enjoyed my Ice Cream Dome With Peanut Butter Ice Cream And Chocolate Recipe as much as I did! If you make it, please share your photos with us on Facebook or Twitter! Also, check out all of our other recipes!
Ice Cream Dome With Peanut Butter Cups And Chocolate
- Dome mold
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips dark or white will also work
- 2.5 cups Peanut Butter Ice cream
- 6 pieces chocolate peanut butter cups
- 2 tbsp Chocolate sauce store bought or homemade
- 4 tbsp chopped peanuts
HOW TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE DOMES
- Melt milk chocolate chips either in the microwave or by using a double boiler (see above explanation).
- Pour a small amount of chocolate into each of the 6 sphere molds.
- Drag chocolate with a spoon up the sides until the mold is covered.
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes. This will allow the chocolate to quickly set up.
HOW TO MAKE THE ICE CREAM DOME
- Remove the spheres from the freezer and fill each dome with peanut butter ice cream (while still in mold) up to about ¾ full. Press a peanut butter cup into the middle.
- Press down gently.
- Place back into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove each ice cream dome from mold and top with remaining chocolate and level with a spatula.
- Place back into the freezer overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, place on a plate and drizzle some chocolate sauce on top.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.