How to Have a Fall Staycation
If you want to have some fun with your family this fall, you don’t have to go anywhere. Who says vacations are only for the summer, or even that you have to leave home to have one? Staycations are becoming more and more popular and fall is a great time for this because you can enjoy the benefits of a vacation without leaving home.
Here are some tips on how to have a great fall staycation:
1. Decide what you want your theme to be or where you want to go. Does your family love Disney? What about a favourite sports team? Have you always wanted to see Paris? You can use the things you love as a basis for a staycation and then decorate your home or model activities based on the types of things you might do if you actually went to these places, such as simulating the types of foods you’d eat there.
2. Do a day trip to a fun place right in your home town. You could see an art show, a museum, or go to a theme park toward the end of the season when it’s less crowded.
3. Check out local fall festivals. Depending on the size of your city or town, there might be several fall festivals for you to choose from. You can also consider those in driving distance but still able to make a day trip.
4. Throw a fall-themed party. You can invite friends and family, or do it with just your immediate family. Decorate the house in fall colours and items like gourds, and enjoy your favourite fall foods. Are there movies that you really enjoy during the fall, or music that makes you think of fall days?
5. Unplug. One of the best things you can do for your staycation is to unplug from the electronics as much as possible. Put away your cell phones, your tablets and other digital devices and just enjoy time together with your family.
As you can see, you can enjoy the fall season with your family without ever having to leave home.
Do you have any ideas that you would add to our list for having a great fall staycation?