Summer is here and woo is it hot. While ice water is a great way to stay hydrated, what if you want something sweet? On a REALLY hot day, the thought of drinking a milkshake can almost turn your stomach. Thankfully, there are so many more options. One of the best options is making refreshing slushies. They can be found at a number of fast food restaurants and even convenient stores.
The only problem is you often wonder how old those slushies are swirling around in those big machines and what’s in them. Why not make them at home? There are so many great flavours to choose from. Below, you’ll find fifteen flavours that are sure to refresh you.
15 Refreshing Slushies
These are great for making for you and your family after a day at the pool or beach. These are also great for barbecues. You can make up a huge batch just as easily as you make up a small one. If you’re making a batch for adults, you can also add a splash of your favourite alcohol to turn these into adult slushies.
You won’t believe all the flavours you can make and how easy slushies are to make. If you want something REALLY simple, consider pouring your favourite juice into ice cube trays and freezing. You can then add these ice cubes to a blender along with more juice. Try adding a different juice from the one you froze for a combination of flavours.
Whether you love fruity drinks or even coffee drinks, you can make a slushie that everyone in the family is going to love. Try playing around with flavours. You can use everything from Kool Aid to sports drinks to lemonade to make slushies. Use these recipes as a starting point for creating your own flavours.
15 Refreshing Slushies Recipes
- Triple Citrus Slushie – The Bold Abode
- Blue Raspberry Slushie Recipe – Baking Beauty
- Watermelon Key Lime Slushie – Simplistically Living
- Homemade Cherry Slushie – Glue Sticks and Gumdrops
- Strawberry-Cantaloupe Slushies – Place of My Taste
- Jello Slushies – My Pinterventures
- Strawberry Lemonade Slushies – Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Kool-Aid Lime Slushie Recipe – She Saved
- Copycat Grape Nerds Slushie – Create Craft Love
- Raspberry Lemonade Slushie – Simplistically Living
- Ginger Mint Slushie – Little Miss Celebration
- Watermelon Slushie – Place of My Taste
- Pomegranate Pineapple Slushies – The Gracious Wife
- Honeydew Lemon Slush – Amanda’s Cookin’
- Sonic Style Fruit Slushie – The Bold Abode
I hope you enjoyed our list of 15 Refreshing Slushies Recipes. With the temperature reaching record breaking stats, these are the perfect way to stay cool during the hot summer days. Let us know which one you liked the most below. If you make any of these, let us know by sharing with us on Facebook or Twitter!