Is there any food more iconic to your childhood than the peanut butter and jelly sandwich? It’s something that children have enjoyed for decades. It’s not only quick and easy for parents and children to throw together for a quick lunch or snack, but it tastes amazing. In fact, it tastes so good that there are recipes that combine these flavours in brand new ways. Your kids, and your inner child, are going to LOVE these peanut butter and jelly recipes. Did you know that April 2nd is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day?
Imagine indulging in everything from peanut butter and jelly cupcakes to peanut butter and jelly ice cream sandwiches. It’s enough to make anyone drool. The best part about these recipes is that you can be so creative. While grape and strawberry are the most popular options for peanut butter and jelly, don’t be afraid to try other flavours. Imagine peanut butter and jelly cupcakes that use blackberry jelly. With just a few simple tweaks, you can make these recipes truly gourmet. And, if your child happens to be allergic to peanuts, try cashew or almond butter instead.
If your kids love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, they are going to flip for these snacks and desserts. They can even start their day with bread that features these yummy flavours. Many of these recipes would make great additions to lunch boxes as well.
There are so many great ways you can take this flavour combo and turn it into something new. There’s even a pizza out there that is made using peanut butter and jelly and it’s served warm. Is there anything better than warm peanut butter? The point is to think outside the box.
Have you used the combination of peanut butter and jelly to create something different? If so, what was it? If you’re looking for more great ideas, check out the recipes below. Chances are you’ll find something you’ll absolutely love.
Peanut Butter and Jelly On The Menu
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars – Flour on My Face
2. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes – A Helicopter Mom
3. Peanut Butter Jelly Roll Recipe – DIY Candy
4. Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Recipe – This Mama Loves
5. Quick- Fix Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream – Cutefetti
6. Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie Bowl –Frugal Mom, EH!
7. Aunt Nancy’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Fudge – Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog
8. Peanut Butter Jelly Rice Krispies Treats – Real and Quirky
9. Peanut Butter and Jelly Desserts – Days of a Domestic Dad
10. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies – Hello Nature Blog
11. Peanut Butter Granola Roll-Ups – Slap Dash Mom
12. Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes – Tastes of Lizzy T
13. Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream Sandwich – The Cottage Market
14. Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread – 4 Sons “R” Us
15. No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites – Somewhat Simple
16. Peanut Butter Jelly Muffins – Third Stop on the Right
17. Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie – Blackberry Babe