Christmas gifts are made extra special when a gift tag is added to it. These Mickey Christmas gift tags are a cute way to spread holiday cheer with a bit of magic from this lovable character. The Christmas gift tags are also easy to make with the free printable!
When was Mickey Mouse Created?
Mickey Mouse was created by Walter Disney and Ub Iwerks. The first time this iconic character appeared on screen was in “Steamboat Willie” on November 18, 1928. Fun fact: Did you know the lovable mouse we all know and love was once a rabbit? He was named Oswald the Luck Rabbit. A dispute between Disney and his business partner at Universal Pictures resulted in Disney losing the rights to this character. Disney was then inspired to create Mickey Mouse, and the rest is history.
The History of Gift Giving
There are many thoughts about when the tradition of gift giving began. Some attribute gift giving during what we consider Christmas to the conversion of Emperor Constantine to Christianity in 312 AD. Pagans would travel to significant locations to feast and exchange gifts to celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of the next. One theory is that religious leaders helped convert pagans to the ruling religious practices of the times by adapting various traits of their pagan festivals to suit those of Christianity.
What do you write on a Christmas gift tag?
Not sure what to write on DIY gift tags for Christmas? Below are a few ways you can spread holiday cheer on these Mickey Mouse gift tags.
- If you want to share something short and traditional on your Disney Christmas gift tags, you can simply say, “Merry Christmas and a happy new year” or “Wishing you a happy Christmas.”
- For people who do not celebrate Christmas, you can write, “May your days be merry and bright,” or “Wishing you a season full of happiness.”
- Want to write something short and humorous? You can use these ideas, “Cheers my deers!” or Hope your Xmas sleighs!”
- For pet lovers, you can write on these DIY Christmas tags, “Have a pawsitively happy holiday!” “Merry Christmas from our pack to yours,” or Meowy Christmas and a purrfect new year!”
Fun ways to hang a gift tag?
There is more than one way to display a Mickey Christmas tag on a gift this holiday season. Here are a few places you can hang them:
- Add an object to your gift tag. Whether it is a pinecone, a sprig of holy, or some other small seasonal item, an embellishment is a sweet way to add whimsy to a gift tag.
- If the gift is a small one, you can stick the gift on the gift tag. This way, you are adding dimension to the gift. If you choose to use this method, make sure it is made on sturdy cardstock so it does not flop or break.
- Did you know that laundry pins can be used for more than hanging laundry? You can colour or decorate a small clothespin and clip or stick it to your gift for a cute look for your gift.
- Punch a hole in your DIY gift tag and use some ribbon or twine to tie it to your gift. Tying your gift tag on a gift can add a festive look to your gift box or bag while hanging your tag.
Mickey Christmas Gift Tags with Free Printable
You can easily print the free printable Mickey Mouse gift tags by clicking on one of the photos above. Simply download the free printable Christmas tags for gifts PDF and print.
We would have fun making these tags. They are so much better if home made.
Great gift tags! My grandchildren love Mickey.
My grandson would enjoy making these gift tags and would be able to make a personal tag for his teacher.
These would be great to make I always seem to run out of gift tags.
So cute and would use on my great nephew’s gifts
Thank you for sharing this, we l love Disney especially Mickey Mouse.
Mickey is a favorite for all ages.
These are so adorable one I know the kids will so love these.