Make a Little Magic for the Holidays with Canadian Turkey!
Magic can be found in many different ways around the holiday season. One place I find magic at this time of the year is in the food my family savours. Preparing holiday favourites should not take you away from festivities you have planned with your loved ones. This is where Canadian Turkey wants to give Canadians a hand this holidays season! They have a plethora of tips, tricks that and recipes, including a delicious appetizer, Turkey Taco Party Cups, to help you make a little bit of magic for the holidays!
Making holiday magic for groups big and small
A holiday celebration should not be judged by the number of people who gather together. What matters most is being together to create and share special moments. One thing to think about when you have loved ones together is specific dietary concerns of your revellers. This is turkey shines! Whether you are feeding a large group or a an intimate meal for two, turkey cane prepared in a variety of ways to fit your needs. This favourable fowl also can adapt well to a number of flavour profiles, so you can use it in your family’s favourite spice blend, glazes, and rubs.
Planning ahead + valuable short cuts = party success
Celebrating the holidays with a large group this year? Want a hand to prep and feed your gang for your get-together? Planning ahead and using valuable short cuts can help! Canadian Turkey has developed a wide variety of recipes that can help you entertain like a pro. When you go to their website, you can bookmark recipes that can feed a crowd, be created ahead of time, go from the freezer into the oven, or can be used as festive appetizers or starters. You can also download delicious Canadian Turkey appetizer recipes HERE!
You can be ready for any kind of gathering with this helpful tips! Don’t forget to save your favourites so you can be ready to enjoy your guests no matter how large or small it may be. One great idea to have on hand is their scrumptious Turkey Taco Party Cups for your next cocktail party or pot-luck. What’s great about this recipe? You can prepare ahead of time and then put together on the day you want to serve them.
Turkey Taco Party Cups Recipe
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 large tortillas cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 12 jalapeno slices optional
- ½ cup Mexican cheese optional
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet
- Sauté onions for 4-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 8-10 mins.
- Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take each piece of tortilla and press into muffin cup to create a cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until browned and crispy.
- To assemble: place 1 1/2-2 tbsp of ground turkey mixture into each cup. Top with 1-1 1/2 tsp sour cream, cherry tomato slices, jalapeño slices and cheese. Serve at room temperature.
TIP: You can make the ground meat up to 3 days ahead and store in the refrigerator. Feel free to serve with alternate toppings; shredded lettuce, avocado pieces, cheddar cheese or salsa.
Making Canadian Turkey the star of your holiday season
Since Canadian Turkey is so versatile, it is easy to make this powerful protein the star of your holiday season. You can get creative and try a new recipe, or you can stick to your tried and true go-to meals. I love that Turkey can be used as the main ingredient of your favourite appetizers or main dishes to make magic dishes for your guests. Have a look below to discover more fabulous ways to include Canadian Turkey when putting together your next holiday event!
5 Ways to Entertain with Ground Turkey
- Season ground turkey mix with your favourite spices while cooking. Store cooked portions in freezer bags for a quick start when needed.
- Use seasoned cooked ground turkey, a little bit of your favourite cheese, and 1 jelly in puff pastry pockets or puff pastry shells for a quick appetizer.
- Cook seasoned ground turkey with canned tomatoes to make a base for individual servings of pasta or chilli that can be made ahead of time and warmed up for a hot dish to serve when guests arrive.
- Combine seasoned cooked turkey and taco spice to make a base for self-serve mini tacos or burritos. Make a do-it-yourself serving station by setting out various toppings.
- Use ground turkey to stuff mini veggies like cherry tomatoes or miniature peppers. Top with a little bit of sour cream or crème fraîche.
More turkey tips to add magic to your holidays!
Would you like to find additional tips, recipes, Turkey Basics videos and HOW-TOs? Hop over to Canadian Turkey’s website to find more cooking inspiration! Canadian Turkey makes cooking for the holiday season easy with their festive recipe suggestions and turkey prep tips.
Will this be you first time cooking a turkey? The Year-Round Whole Turkey HOW TOs section shares how to prepare a whole Canadian Turkey for your friends and family for any gathering. Their recipe section is packed with tasty recipes for whole turkey and turkey cuts so you can serve delicious, nutritious, and versatile turkey to your loved ones every day!
We hope that these handy tips will come in handy to help you make a bit of magic this holiday season!
Disclaimer: This post is generously sponsored by Canadian Turkey.