Are you looking to make the holiday season fun and enjoyable for your season? There are a number of ways you can create a lifetime of memories! There are some Christmas traditions that families have passed down for generations and you can choose to create your own, if you wish. These are 5 ideas for making new Christmas traditions!
Creating New Christmas Traditions
Many of our Christmas traditions have a long and fascinating history such as Christmas cards, Christmas trees, and Christmas carols. This doesn’t mean that you can’t be creating new Christmas traditions for your family.
Here are 5 new Christmas Tradition ideas:
1. Make decorating a family tradition. From picking out a tree together at the farm to stringing lights and hanging ornaments, decorating can be a lot of fun and put the whole family in the holiday spirit! You can decorate indoors and out. You can make your own decorations if you’re into crafts.
2. Start before Christmas is upon you. Making out Christmas cards together as a family or driving around your area to see all of your neighbours’ Christmas lights every year can be so much fun. You can enjoy the holiday season for as long as you want leading up to and even after Christmas day.
3. Do something active together as a family. Winter is a great time to take part in winter sports! You might want to consider going ice skating, skiing, or snow tubing together around Christmas time. Even just a walk together can be a great way to enjoy the holiday season and get some exercise and bonding time.
4. Create something together! Whether you make homemade ornaments, family friendly drinks, or bake cookies, you’ll have lots of fun making something together as a family.
5. Don’t forget about Christmas Eve. You might watch a favourite holiday movie together each year, play board games or write a special letter to Santa and leave it with his cookies and milk.
These are just some ideas on how to make your own Christmas traditions. You can use these, or add to them, or use them as a springboard to create family Christmas traditions for the holidays.
Which Christmas traditions have you created with your family? Comment below!