How to Really Show Mom You Love Her on Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is dedicated to some of the hardest working and most patient people in the world. Moms are always there for you no matter what. They work hard to take care of their kids and to point you in the right direction so you can have a good start in life. Your mom will always be there when you need her for as long as she can, so why not go all out to show mom how much you really love her on Mother’s Day? How about giving her a homemade gift like our Lavender Vanilla Soap!
1.Stop by and spend the day doing the things she wants to do. This is a great opportunity for you to talk and get to know your mom better as a person, not just the woman who took care of you growing up.
2. Tell her with a quote engraved in a bracelet or heart necklace. The words you choose will be a constant reminder of your love.
3. Take her out to lunch, just the two of you. She’ll love spending this quality time with you catching up on things.
4. Tell her how much she means to you. Nothing beats giving your mom a hug and saying, “I love you” and “I’m thankful you’re my mom”.
5. Get creative and write her a poem or make her something you know she could use like homemade gifts. Moms love homemade gifts from the heart and when you choose something useful, she’ll love it even more.
Homemade Lavender Vanilla Soap
*You can get all of these soap making supplies at Michaels. You can also find similar products on Amazon.
- ¾ pound Shea Butter melt and pour soap base
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops vanilla essential oil
- Large measuring cup (Pyrex is great)
- Spoon or wooden popsicle stick
- Rectangular soap molds (3)
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
Step 1. Sprinkle some lavender flowers into the molds.
Step 2. Cut soap base into cubes (this can easily be done with a butter knife), and place in measuring cup.
Step 3. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir very well. If not completely melted, repeat for 10 second intervals until fully melted.
Step 4. Add essential oils.
Step 5. Stir lavender flowers into mixture.
Step 6. Pour mixture into the soap molds.
Step 7. Spray lightly with rubbing alcohol. This helps to prevent bubbles.
Step 8. Let set for about 30-60 minutes and remove from mold.
The best gifts are not always something you can buy. Sometimes, sharing your time and companionship is what mom really wants. Talk, laugh and spend time together not just on Mother’s Day, but all year long.