April Fools’ Day is a great time to inject a bit of fun and silliness into your marriage. What better way to show your husband your love than by playing innocent April Fools’ Day pranks on him?
11 Best harmless april fools’ day pranks to play on your husband
With a little creativity and a big sense of fun, you can play some good April Fools’ Day pranks on your hubby that will keep you both laughing all day long.
April fools’ day pranks at home
1. Put something yucky in his shoes. Good items for this prank are small Koosh balls (they feel yucky, but won’t make a mess in his shoes) or plastic party ice cubes (won’t melt and leave his shoes wet). Whatever you use, make sure that it’s easy to remove and won’t damage his shoes.
2. Lace his shoes from the top down, so that the loose ends are closer to the toes of his shoes.
3. Short-sheet the bed. This prank only works if he gets in bed before you do, of course.
4. Pair all his socks with the wrong mates. Or alternatively, you could replace his socks with yours or the kids’.
5. If he lays his clothes out the night before, use safety pins or tape to fasten the legs of his underwear together. You could take this a step further and do it to all of his clothes his pants, his shirt, and his jacket. If you’re handy with a needle and thread, you could even stitch his clothing shut with a loose whip-stitch to make it more difficult to get loose.
6. If he works from home, replace his computer monitor with one made out of cardboard.
April fools’ day pranks at work
7. If he carries a briefcase to work, put something silly on top of his papers so that he will see it when he opens it. The grosser, the better – just make sure it won’t ruin his important paperwork! Try the old standby plastic dog poop or a rubber rat. If he doesn’t carry a briefcase, put it in his jacket pocket, or on the driver’s seat of the car.
8. Before your husband leaves for work, change his computer, laptop, or cell phone background to a silly picture. Choose something that he would never in a million years choose for himself. If he’s a man’s man, go for fairies and unicorns or lots of pink. If he’s a serious kind of guy, your best bet is a silly animal photo or a funny comic. Look for something that’s the exact opposite of his personality. Your husband will be super surprise by this prank when he gets to work!
9. As he is leaving for work, hug him and gently apply to his back a Post-it or a paper shaped as a fish with a tape that you have written “Kick Me” or “April Fool’s Day” on it.
April fools’ day pranks with food
10. Replace the sugar he uses for his coffee with salt. (If he’s like many of us and needs coffee to start his day, make sure to have an extra cup of coffee handy with real sugar so he can get his caffeine fix. We want these tricks to be funny, not cruel!)
11. Prepare his lunch and make April Fools’ Day tea party sandwiches by using store bought pound cake or angel food cake for the bread. Your husband will be fooled and pleasantly surprised by these sweet miniature layered cakes. You can also serve him a burger made with a cupcake, donut, coconut, and icing for condiments. This burger cupcake will make a fun April Fool’s dessert.
Funny april fools’ day pranks
Remember that the most important thing on April Fools’ Day is to have fun and to keep your husband’s personality in mind. You want to “get him”, but you don’t want to upset him or ruin his day.
Make it a fun yearly tradition. But be prepared – payback can be rough! Have fun!