Disney has a special place in the hearts of many. The movies feature characters that many of us loved as children, and still bring back beautiful memories today. Young and old, Disney is something we can all appreciate. Especially Disney Fun Facts! Here are 9 Disney fun facts you probably didn’t know!
9 Disney Fun Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
1. When they first built Disneyland, it was supposed to include the land of Oz. Sadly, it was never constructed.
2. You may have seen that the Toy Story characters used to drop to the ground and play lifeless if someone shouted “Andy’s coming!” Now that the secret is out on the internet, they don’t do it anymore.
3. The Magic Kingdom is built on the second level of the park. The first level is a series of “utilidors” that allow the costume characters access to move around the park without being seen by guests. They also allow emergency vehicles access when needed, and are used to remove trash from the park.
4. The skull on the headboard at Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean is actually a real skull.
5. There are hundreds of feral cats in Disneyland. They keep them because they keep mice and rats out of the park.
6. Richard Nixon’s famous “I am not a crook” speech was given at the Contemporary Resort in Walt Disney World.
7. Disney parks employee undercover security officers to help ensure guests follow the rules, and to prevent vandalism and graffiti.
8. Characters Don’t Point Their Finger. Not with a single finger that is since it can be considered rude in some cultures. They usually gesture by sweeping the hand or with two fingers.
9. Shops do not sell gum. This helps keep the park free of gum being stuck to structures, streets, rides, etc..
Now that you know these Disney fun facts, you can share them with your friends and family. Impress them with your super knowledge of all things Disney!