I love to make breads for my family rather than purchasing them at the store. They are really not that difficult to make and I find they taste better. I also know which ingredients are used to prepare the bread and I don’t add any preservatives. Wholesome Goodness! Two of my favourite bread recipes are Banana Chip Bread and Grammie’s Banana Bread Recipe by Older Mommy Still Yummy!
Did you know that bananas are high in potassium? Bananas outrank almost all other types of fruit when it comes to potassium. Bananas are officially recognized by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke. Potassium helps maintain the body’s water balance. Higher potassium intakes may protect against high blood pressure by increasing the amount of sodium your kidneys excrete. Potassium is critical for normal muscle, nerve and brain function.
Bananas are a good source of carbohydrate, therefore eating a banana one hour before you exercise/run will provide glucose into your bloodstream. In return, your muscles use it for energy. For more tips on eating before a run, you can read Eating for Runners.
The round up of bread recipes below gives you a variety of assorted breads to try out and enjoy! The bread recipes include apple cinnamon, cranberry, coconut, cranberry orange, green beer, chocolate chips pumpkin, banana zucchini, chocolate, pull apart monkey, honey pear, and more!
15 Enjoyable Bread Recipes
1. Apple Cinnamon Bread | Source: Love to Be in the Kitchen
2. Honey Pear Bread | Source: Amanda’s Cookin’
3. Cranberry Walnut Bread | Source: I Was Born to Cook
4. Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread | Source: Divas Run for Bling
5. Cranberry Bread | Source: A Cedar Spoon
6. Delicious Homemade Coconut Bread | Source: Heavenly Savings & Homemaking
7. Banana’s Foster Pull Apart Monkey Bread | Source: Pink When
8. Cranberry Orange Bread | Source: Home Cooking Memories
9. Green Beer Bread | Source: Thrifty Jinxy
10. Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Bread with Cranberries | Source: Andrea’s Recipes
11. Banana Zucchini Bread | Source: Bless This Mess
12. Quick Chocolate Bread | Sugar Salt Magic
13. Contest-Winning Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread| Source: Taste of Home
14. Healthy Banana Bread | Source: Confessions of an Overworked Mom
15. Zucchini Bread | Source: The Frugal Mom