Minnie is often the subject of a wide range of craft projects. I’ve put together a list of 14 must-make Minnie Mouse projects for all ages. So, the next time you’re in the mood to make something fun, I hope at least a couple of these possibilities appeal to you. Many of these ideas would make great gifts. There are scores of people who collect Minnie memorabilia. If you happen to know one of them, he or she will no doubt appreciate the gesture… not to mention the new “mouse swag.”
Loved by millions, Minnie Mouse came to life in 1928 thanks to artist Ub Iwerks and Walt Disney. You may be surprised to learn that Minnie’s given name is actually Minerva, which some people think is more glamorous and suits her better. As the story goes, Minnie comes from a family of farmers. Her parents, grandparents and uncle all worked the land. She has twin nieces, Melody and Millie. And, let’s not forget her faithful boyfriend Mickey and BFF Daisy Duck.
The list includes, but is not limited to, a trick-or-treat bag, Minnie hair clips and bows, easy T-shirts, picture frames, a mug, a no-sew costume and even a topiary and makeover for Minnie’s Cozy Coupe.
Are you planning a future trip to one of the Disney theme parks? If so, some of these projects are great to make with the kids to take with you. It’s a much less expensive way to show love for Minnie without purchasing costly souvenirs.
Minnie Mouse will live forever, along with Mickey and the gang. She’s starred in countless cartoons and movies, throughout the years, with the help of several voice actors. You might be surprised to learn that Minnie “borrowed” her first voice from Walt Disney himself. Pretty cool, don’t you think?
14 Must Make Minnie Mouse Projects
1. Minnie Mouse Topiary by Delicate Construction
2. Minnie Mouse Cozy Coupe Makeover by Pink When
3. Easy Minnie T Shirts by It Happens in a Blink
4. Minnie Gift Card Holder by Crafts by Amanda
5. Minnie Mouse Marquee Letters by A Girl and a Glue Gun
6. Minnie Trick or Treat Bag by Handmade in the Heartland
7. DIY Minnie Mouse Frames by The Kim Six Fix
8.Minnie Mouse Hair Bows by Today’s Creative Life
9. Minnie Mouse Drawstring Bag by Pink When
10. Minnie Mouse Silhouette Pattern by Polka Dot Chair
11 Minnie Mouse Ear Hair Clips by Practically Functional
12.DIY Minnie Ears by Average But Inspired
13. DIY Minnie Mug by Practically Functional
14. No Sew Minnie Costume by Sugar Bee Crafts