With all the things to see and do at Walt Disney World, it can be a challenge for couples to remember to plan time for romance. Although each couple’s interest varies, here are suggestions for romantic things to do at Disney World.
5 Romantic Things to Do at Disney World
With its romantic resorts and the signature restaurants that offer fine dining for adults, Walt Disney World can be as much a vacation destination for loving couples as it is for families.
1. Romantic Disney World Resorts
For many couples, setting the right tone of a romantic getaway begins with accommodations. Luckily, all Disney’s accommodations are amenable to romance. All have quiet buildings and areas away from the buzz of post-park touring activity. All are carefully landscaped, with pathways to encourage romantic walks and conversation. Some of the most romantic Disney World resorts, however, are found at the deluxe and moderate levels.
Disney Deluxe Resorts:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Polynesian Resort
- Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- Yacht & Beach Club
Disney Moderate Resorts:
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
These resorts feature particularly lush grounds, more intimate settings, relaxing pool areas, and room service. The deluxe accommodations also offer a variety of amenities particularly appealing for romantic trips: hot tubs, concierge-level rooms and suites, and stunning views of the parks.
2. Disney Dining for Adults
Many Walt Disney World restaurants are family friendly, featuring good food and a lively atmosphere. Couples who desire a quieter, more adult evening amenable to conversation and romance might choose to splurge on signature Disney World dining at these resorts:
- Jiko- The Cooking Place at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- California Grill at the Contemporary
- Cítricos, Narcoossee’s, and Victoria & Albert’s at the Grand Floridian
In addition to fine dining with leisurely meals set in elegantly themed decor, these signature restaurants are located in resorts with scenic pathways for a post-meal stroll and lounges that encourage drinks and extended conversation.
For those guests who want to enjoy romantic meals at the theme parks, an interlude in a touring day, the following restaurants are particularly atmospheric:
- Magic Kingdom: Cinderella’s Royal Table (dinner)
- Epcot: Coral Reef (Future World), San Angel Inn (Mexico), Rose & Crown Pub (United Kingdom), Monsieur Paul (France)
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: The Hollywood Brown Derby
3. Fireworks at Magic Kingdom and at Epcot
The Magic Kingdom’s nightly fireworks are a visual spectacle enjoyable for all ages. As part of a romantic evening, try viewing them from the Polynesian Resorts beach or at California Grill’s restaurant or lounge, located at the top of the Contemporary Resort. Inside the Magic Kingdom, a less crowded area for viewing is near the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.
One of Epcot’s highlights is the nighttime fireworks show which closes the park at 9:00 p.m. The show can be seen anywhere around the World Showcase Lagoon and prime viewing locations fill early. Locations in Italy, Germany, or on the second-floor of Japan’s Mitsukoshi, may offer a somewhat less-crowded, more intimate experience.
Another way to enjoy the fireworks is to indulge in a leisurely dinner at World Showcase, then stay to view the show from the restaurant. The United Kingdom’s Rose & Crown and France’s Chefs de France are two good choices. Preferred dining times to catch the show start approximately 1 hour before the show and reservations for these restaurants need to be booked far in advance.
4. Disney World’s Romantic Views and Walk
Beyond its fireworks and nighttime shows, Walt Disney World offers many scenic views that inspire romance. In addition to touring the above resorts, couples might:
- Ride the ferry to the Magic Kingdom or take resort boats to the parks.
- Watch the sunset and, depending on the location, park fireworks from one’s Disney resort.
- Stroll the pathway between the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian.
- Walk the Boardwalk or the pathway between Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
5. Romantic Gifts and Disney Flowers
Surprising a loved with thoughtful gifts is another way to infuse a vacation with romance. Many Orlando-area businesses create and deliver floral arrangements and gift baskets to the resorts for that special someone, including Disney Floral and Gifts.
As these tips suggest, romance can be found even in a trip to the family-friendly Walt Disney World. At heart, the key to a romantic Disney getaway is making each other’s company the focus of the vacation.