This post is sponsored by Bayer. To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.
Let’s face it: trying to balance work, healthy living, family, and social life isn’t as easy as it might sound. Life is tricky, and it’s always throwing new curveballs to challenge us. The good news in all of this? Whether it’s health related, parenting mishaps, or a personal struggle, it can be a comfort to know that we all go through similar experiences. You’re not alone!
So, because we are all in this together, sharing our knowledge and experiences with each other is a powerful way to learn about our health and well-being. I’ve put together a few “good-to-know” facts about women’s health to get the conversation started!
A Focus on Women’s Health
Assess your day-to-day routine
- Many of us feel stressed from time to time, but did you know routine stress can take a toll on your body? If you’ve been having trouble with your digestion, frequent headaches, sleeplessness or just feeling irritable, stress may be the culprit (read more here). Assess your day-to-day routine to see if there are things you can do to reduce your stress levels, like carving out time that’s just for you or making a conscious choice to say “no” when you really don’t have the time for a new task.
Maintain the health of your hair
- For many of us, hair represents a big part of our personal identity. But as you get older, you might find your hair is getting weaker. To help maintain the health of your hair, try a supplement like Priorin®. Named the world’s best-selling nonprescription hair and beauty supplement in 2017, Priorin can help you achieve visibly fuller and stronger hair in as early as 12 weeks, so you can look and feel great!
- Did you know the common yeast infection is actually caused by some of the organisms present in the vagina? A weak immune system, pregnancy, and oral birth-control pills are a few things that make women more prone to yeast infections (read more here). Though it might be common, it shouldn’t be left untreated. Canesten’s CanesOral Combi-Pak® is a single-dose oral treatment that you can take anytime, anywhere and the external cream gives you fast relief of itching and burning.
- One of the most basic pillars of your self-care is health monitoring and talking to your doctor about which tests and exams you will need at each new stage of life. Pap smears, breast exams, skin checks, dental check-ups and eye exams are examples of basic tests you should talk to your doctor about.
- We all have days where going to the gym might feel like a chore, but there are plenty of other ways to get some physical activity in during your week! Before summer ends, consider enjoying the beautiful weather (while we still have it) by talking walks with your family or friends. Staying active will help you stay fit and strong to conquer whatever life throws at you next!
I’ve always had thin hair but I had no that there was something to help
If I could go back I would tell the younger me to use moisturizer & sunscreen on my face & skin. Had to use Effulux on my face for six weeks to clear up precancerous lessions. The first treatment was ok, the second time I had a really bad reaction to the cream after six weeks my face felt like it was burning !! Had to use a burn cream for almost two weeks to get relief from the pain. I still have a big scar on the left side of my face where I applied the cream.
I am so sorry to hear about this Carol! Those are great tips!
If I could look back and change things I would make the right decision to not use someone else’s licence plates on my car. I had to pick up my three year old son from daycare and did not have my car insured properly at the time. A 5 ton truck with a camper on back hit my Honda Civic with no brakes used, the police were really good with the people in the truck because they were from the States and they did not help me. I am still suffering from the accident because I had severe whiplash & my arms and legs really hurt, my car was a standard & was pushed a good distance.
Sorry to hear about your accident and the issues you are now having!
As women we rarely put ourselves first.We should however be a little selfish and take care of ourselves to we can be better for those we love.