How to Save More on Back to School Shopping
The beginning of a new school year means it’s time to go shopping for new clothes and supplies. It can get very expensive, especially if you have more than one child in school. However, you can find ways to save money on the items you buy. For example, you can start by taking inventory of the things you already have at home. Then make a list of the things you need to buy so you don’t waste money on the items you don’t need.
Here are a few ways to save more on back to school shopping:
· Take advantage of coupons and use apps to help you find the best deals on the items you need.
· Follow your favourite stores on social media to keep up with sales and to receive special deals only offered to their followers.
· Shop thrift stores and consignment stores to search for unique outfits, backpacks and lunch bags.
· Shop end-of-season sales. This is a great time to buy new outfits for school because the stores need to move out their old inventory to bring in the new.
· Shop when stores advertise their back to school sales. You can find a lot of great deals on school supplies such as notebooks, pencils, paper and more.
· Get your children involved too in back-to-school shopping! Have them write the items they would like instead or use a note pad app on your smartphone or tablet, so you can refer to the school supply list when you are shopping for sales. Stick to the list! Lots of great sales in the stores, but don’t get tempted to purchase items you don’t need.
If you take your time and shop around, you can find some great deals on the items you need for back to school.