How to Make Your Own Valentines
When you make your own valentines, it allows you to tell the person you love how you feel about them in your own words. It will mean so much more when you take the time to create a beautiful Valentine’s Day card and it’s so easy to do.
You’ll need items construction paper, photos or magazines, sequins, glue, markers, spool of lace, glitter or glitter paint, glue, stickers and paper scissors, all of which you can pick up at most any craft store or dollar store.
Once you have the supplies, use these five steps to make your own valentines:
- Choose the colour construction paper, magazine or photos you want to use for your card and fold it in half. Leave it in the rectangle shape or cut it into the shape of a heart.
- On the inside of your valentine, write a poem for your sweetheart or just speak from the heart and tell them all the wonderful things you love about him or her.
- Decorate the blank spaces on the inside with pictures of hearts and flowers. If your artwork isn’t that great, use stickers instead of drawing.
- Decorate the front of your card however you want. Some ideas include drawing hearts, putting your names inside of a heart or decorate with stickers, sequins or glitter paint.
- You can even glue a small strip of lace around the edges of the valentine to dress it up even more or, to make the card a gift, add a string to hang around a door handle or to used as a necklace and you’re all done.
These are simply a few ideas! Making your own cards is fun for the whole family. Kids can make their friends and family cool Valentines to celebrate this exciting holiday and you can give your Valentine a special homemade card that describes exactly what they mean to you.
Happy Valentine’s Day!