Do you have a dad who needs help with organizing? Does mom try to help and encourage Dad to organize papers and other clutter? If you have 30 minutes and everyday supplies, you can create these helpful and fun crafts for Father’s Day. The main supplies-jars and a cereal box can be upcycled into crafts instead of ending up in the recycling bin.
Craft #1 – Set of Organizing jars
Dad can use these jars to organize paper clips, change, screws, nut & bolts, etc.
- Small or large clear jars, (I used babyfood jars)
- Stick on letters
- Acrylic paint – whichever colours you choose to use
Three easy steps
1. Clean the jars & peel off the labels
2.Paint the top of the jars. I painted the 3 jars with green, red and white for the Italian flag to celebrate my husband’s ethnicity.
3. Stick the letters to the jar that spell DAD!
Craft #2 – Organizing mail folder
Dad can use this box to organize mail, magazines, receipts, coupons, flyers, your kid’s art and more! If you keep it at the door all the mail and paper Dad brings into the house everyday will have a place to be dropped off.
- Empty cereal or other similar size cardboard box
- Safety scissors
Three easy steps
1. Remove the cereal bag from the cereal box & cut a straight diagonal piece of the cardboard off on both sides.
2. Choose the paper you would like to cover the box with. It can be scrapbooking paper, Dad’s favorite magazine cover or pages, newspaper or you can create a collage of sports tickets, etc.
3. Evenly cover the box with either a glue stick or white glue. Fold, cut and position the paper around the box like you are wrapping a gift.
Happy Father’s Day!
Thats a neat idea !
The jars are a real neat idea