What’s not to love about Disney? Most of us have childhood memories of our favourite Disney movies and characters. They shape our childhoods. They teach us life lessons, and they make us laugh (and sometimes cry). Whether it’s a classic Disney movie, or your favourite shows on the Disney Channel, it all has nostalgic feel. What takes you back? Here are some Disney facts that might make you feel a bit old!
Disney Facts that Will Make You Feel Old
● The Nightmare Before Christmas just had its 20th anniversary.
● The first “Pirates” film, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl was in theatres over ten years ago.
● Disney stopping releasing their movies on VHS about 15 years ago. Are you a Disney “purist” who still watches on your VCR?
● Jonathan Taylor Thomas, who voiced Simba, is in his 30s now.
● FastPasses were introduced in 1999. That’s last century!
● The actor who played Prince Eric is 46 this year!
● Beauty and the Beast came out over 26 years ago.
● Disney’s California Adventure park is older than MySpace.
● The first Disney Store opened 31 years ago. It opened in the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California on March 28, 1987.
● Finding Nemo was released in 2003, so 15 years ago. Considering a clownfish lives between six to ten years, he would be dead by now.
● The Walt Disney Company created The Disney Channel in 1983, so thirty-five years ago.
● Andy from Toy Story started college in 2010 and would be about 26 years old now.
● Disney-MGM Studios, now known as Disney’s Hollywood Studios since 2008, opened on May 1, 1989.
● And a fact that might actually make you feel young: Mickey is celebrating his 90th anniversary this year on November 18th, 2018!
So, what do you think? Did you know these facts before you read them here?
Are you feeling older yet?
What is the most nostalgic thing about Disney for you?
That nemo fact lol.. yes I guess I am old
I loved that movie Finding Nemo
OMG so many of these just seem like yesterday and then you see the date and it’s like what!! lol wow i am getting old!!
I thought the same thing when I was writing them lol!
Gee thanks, you’re right I feel really old right now. I went to Disney World in 1991 and it was their 20th anniversary which I celebrated by visiting their gift shop and buying a jacket with the anniversary embroidered on the back and I still have it, it’s beautiful !
There is no way that you can EVER get rid of that Jacket! What a great memorabilia!
Oh my goodness, this really does make me old. A lot of these things remind me of my childhood.
Yes, I totally agree!!!! Same with me!
I do feel old now.. lol. Disneyland was such a huge deal for me as a kid
I didn’t know that they don’t make VHS anymore. I have quite the collection of Disney VHS.
I as well have many VHS Disney movies in our collection.
These are a lot of interesting facts that remind me of yesteryear that seem like just yesterday.