7 Ideas to Spend Valentine’s Day with Your Kids
Valentine’s Day is not just for couples; it’s for everyone. Kids especially enjoy this holiday because it gives them a chance to say how much they love you in fun ways. Kids love sharing cards with friends but they also enjoy doing something special with their parents and siblings.
Here are a few good ideas to spend Valentine’s Day with your kids:
- Make cooking a family event. Kids love baking heart-shaped cookies, cake pops, brownies and other treats so spend a little time in the kitchen creating wonderful snacks together.
- Make fun crafts together. Most kids love arts and crafts and what better way is there to spend Valentine’s Day than making homemade cards for the whole family?
- Have movie night. Pop some popcorn and watch one or two of your favorite movies together or visit your local theater to watch the newest family movie to be released.
- Read a good book with your kids. Reading is a lot of fun for everyone and it’s a great way to make this holiday special for little kids.
- Put on some good music and have a dance party. Dancing is a great way to celebrate any holiday, but especially Valentine’s Day.
- Play games together. Going treasure hunting is always a lot of fun especially when there is a box of chocolates stashed away in the treasure chest.
- Host a special tea party for their favourite friends, dolls and plush toys are welcome. A tea party is perfect for snack time and don’t forget to serve finger foods like sandwiches with cookies and tea.
Use these ideals to make Valentine’s Day a special time for the whole family. Once the kids are all worn out and in bed, you can spend a few hours romancing your spouse and drinking wine!