When visiting Ottawa or for Ottawa residents, you can bring the family to 4 Ottawa beaches to take them for a swim:
- Petrie Island
- Britannia Beach
- Mooney’s Bay Beach
- Westboro Beach
Bring the family to any of the Ottawa Beaches for swimming, barbecuing, or picnicking. Bring some food, the sunscreen, and beach towels, and hit the sand!
Ottawa Beaches Information
- Volleyball net rentals available. Inquire at the Lifeguard office.
- Join a volleyball league. Call 613-580-2854
- Book your event at the beach. Contact City Wide Allocations at 613-580-2595 or e-mail email@example.com.
Ottawa Beaches Water Quality
Daily beach water quality results can be found on the City of Ottawa website. For more information, you can contact Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744. The City of Ottawa samples beach water every day from June to the end of August.
Beach Safety Tips
- There is no substitute for your supervision!
- Always be within arms’ reach of your children!
- Drink lots of water, wear light-colored clothing, a hat, and good sunglasses
- Lather on waterproof sunscreen with an SPF 15 or more at least 30 minutes before sun exposure and remember to keep re-applying.
Beaches in ottawa
|Britannia Beach |
2805 Carling Ave.
Located on the Ottawa River at Britannia Bay, the beach is great for swimming, picnics or just watching the sailboats go by on a beautiful summer day.
|Mooney’s Bay Beach|
2926 Riverside Drive
A popular summer destination for swimmers, rowers, and volleyball enthusiasts, the beach is located on the east shore of the Rideau River just south of Carleton University.
|Petrie Island Beach|
727 Trim Road
Ottawa’s newest beach offers a wonderful expanse of sand and spectacular views across the Ottawa River on Petrie Island.
745 Ottawa River Parkway
A somewhat smaller beach and park situated on NCC property at Kitchissippi Lookout and accessible from the Ottawa River Parkway.
For more information on Ottawa beaches, please contact the Seasonal Recreation Office at 613-580-2590 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ottawa’s beaches are an oasis of fun and relaxation close to home!