Did you know?
- Volleyball net rentals available. Inquire at the Lifeguard office.
- Join a volleyball league. Call 613-580-2854
- Book your event at the beach. Contact City Wide Allocations at 613-580-2595 or e-mail [email protected].
- Daily water quality results
- Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-2424 ext. 13219.
The City of Ottawa samples beach water every day from June to the end of August.
|Britannia Beach |
2805 Carling Ave.
OC Transpo Bus Routes# 2, 16, 85
Located on the Ottawa River at Britannia Bay, the beach is great for swimming, picnics or just watching the sailboats go by on a beautiful summer day.
|Mooney’s Bay Beach|
2926 Riverside Drive
OC Transpo Bus Routes# 87
A popular summer destination for swimmers, rowers, and volleyball enthusiasts, the beach is located on the east shore of the Rideau River just south of Carleton University.
|Petrie Island Beach|
727 Trim Road
OC Transpo Bus Routes# 95
Ottawa’s newest beach offers a wonderful expanse of sand and spectacular views across the Ottawa River on Petrie Island.
745 Ottawa River Parkway
OC Transpo Bus Routes# 87, 97
A somewhat smaller beach and park situated on NCC property at Kitchissippi Lookout and accessible from the Ottawa River Parkway.
Stay safe this summer
- There is no substitute for your supervision!
- Always be within arms’ reach of your children!
- Drink lots of water, wear light-colored clothing, a hat, and good sunglasses
- Lather on waterproof sunscreen with an SPF 15 or more at least 30 minutes before sun exposure and remember to keep re-applying.
For more Information, please contact the Seasonal Recreation Office at 613-580-2590 or e-mail [email protected] .
Ottawa’s beaches are an oasis of fun and relaxation close to home!