Saint Patrick’s Day is near and I have rounded up 25 of the best books for kids on the subject! This list is perfect for adding a few new seasonal titles to your library and learning all about rainbows, leprechauns and pots of gold!
St. Patrick’s Craft ideas
Around St. Patrick’s Day, with so many delicious recipes to try, and so much festive green garb to wear, it is easy to get wrapped up in all of the good food and efforts to avoid getting pinched. But, there are so many fun ways to involve the kids! From fun and easy crafts like Edible Green Jello Playdough that gives kids a hands on dose of fun to a paper plate pot of gold craft that is perfect for hanging on the fridge.
This list of books pairs perfectly with an afternoon craft session; it has titles that are perfect for young readers! You will want to look on Amazon to grab a few digital copies for immediate Luck of the Irish reading fun, or head to your local library with the list to grab a few for an afternoon reading session!
St. Patrick’s Day Books for Kids
Even the most reluctant readers will enjoy these titles, and parents will love that these books give young readers introductions to the holiday and the fun things we associate with St. Patrick’s Day. Don’t be surprised if your little reader turns a little green with envy at the pots of gold they will encounter and the cute little leprechaun friends they will be introduced to with this reading list.
St. Patrick’s Day Fun
While you are here, I have so many fun ideas for Saint Patrick’s Day to share. Reader favorites include 12 St. Patrick’s Day cupcake recipes and Pot of Gold Oreo Cookies. For green food and mocktail recipes, you can also make some of our yummy St. Patrick’s Day recipes!
25 St. Patrick’s Day Books for Kids
You can purchase these St. Patrick’s Day books at Indigo/Chapters/Coles, Amazon, Scholastic or barrow them from your local library.
- King Puck by Michael Garland
- A Child’s Book of Celtic Prayers by Joyce Denham
- The Lost Shamrock by Alison Inches
- Celebrating St. Patricks Day by Elaine Landau
- Daniel O’Rourke by Gerald McDermott
- Leprechauns Don’t Play Basketball by Debbie Dadey
- Just a Little Luck by Mercer Mayer
- Fluffy’s Lucky Day by Kate McMullan
- Brave Margaret by Robert D. Souci
- Lucky Leprechaun by Dawn Bentley
- Leprechaun of the Loose by Marcia Thornton Jones
- Is That Unlucky Leprechaun in Your Lunch by Todd Strasser
- One Potato Two Potato by Cynthia DeFelice
- The Ring of Truth by Teresa Bateman
- The Prince of Ireland and the Three Magic Stallions by Bryce Milligan
- The Good Luck Clover by Janet Craig
- Finn McCool and the Great Fish by Eve Bunting
- Very First Words in Irish by Felicity Brooks
- The Leaping Leprechaun by Robert Joyce
- Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- The Forgetful Little Leprechaun by David Mead
- The Littlest Leprechaun by Justine Fontes
- Casey Moore the Littlest Leprechaun by Erika Sargent-Barker
- What Makes a Rainbow
- The Pot of Gold by Gaby Goldsack
We have a large library of books but don’t have any of these. I am definitely going to check some of these out.
Thanks for the list,some of these I have not heard of will check them out !
You are welcome Kathy! Have a great day:)
Thanks Lyne,Have a fun weekend !!
What a great list and reading is always a great way to mark a holiday with kids.
What a great list, thanks so much for sharing. I think it’s so important for children to read as early as possible and one way to help make that happen is to get them interested in books.
What a great list of books! I’ve heard/read a lot of these but there are some that I’ve not! Thanks
So many great books, kids will be excited to read them!
Just a Little Luck by Mercer Mayer i picked up its a cute little book i found for a stocking stuffer