Big Batch Turkey and Chard Chili
Canadian Turkey has a Big Batch Turkey and Chard Chili recipe that makes planning meals ahead of time easy-peasy and so delicious!
No ratings yet
ground Canadian turkey
minced white onions
ground Italian seasoning
sweet smoked paprika
can (540 ml)
fresh or frozen
roughly chopped Swiss chard
1. In a non-stick pan or skillet, sauté onions and olive oil until lightly browned, 6-8 minutes.
2. Turn heat to medium - high. Add turkey and sear to brown on all sides.
3. Reduce heat and add spices. Add garlic.
4. Continue to mix to ensure turkey doesn’t stick and meat breaks up into chunks.
5. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
6. Add broth.
7. Add beans.
8. Turn to low for 3 hours or high for 1.5.
9. If mixture is still watery and you are looking for a creamier texture, remove 1 cup of mixture and use a hand blender to puree. Add back to chili and stir to incorporate.
10. Add corn and chard for an additional 15 minutes to cook through.
You can use this recipe to create multiple meals to have on hand. Just freeze into family size portions and defrost when you’re ready to eat.
bbq turkey chili
Tried this recipe?
Let us know
how it was!