The Essential University Care Package Your Kids Want
Fortunately, unlike a great majority of todays’ University or College students, I had the luxury of being able to stay at home and commute to campus to save money (and finish debt free)! Staying at home did come with its few perks… All right, perhaps a lot of perks! Not having to worry about paying for housing, doing groceries every week (albeit, I often do go and do the groceries for my mom when asked), or even living on pasta all the time…because let’s face it, food is expensive! I’ve always done my own laundry at home for quite a number of years now, but at least I’m not obliged to sit and wait a while to make sure my clothes won’t get stolen (or taken as a prank).
Having just graduated from University, I know that the best gift(s) you can give your University or College student doesn’t always come in the shape of a rectangular green bill, but also in the essentials they’ll need for daily living, especially whilst living away at school. Letting them save a couple of dollars every now and again is something they’re bound to be grateful for whenever they see a care package arriving!
Keep it short, sweet, and fill it with essentials you know they’re going to use and appreciate having! Here’s a short list of recommended essentials you should be packing into your student’s care package this upcoming school year!
Who wants to show up to class with dirty clothes???
- Nobody, that’s who! However, students on a crazy, hectic, and stressful schedule won’t always find the time to properly remove stains with the help of stain removers, sorting, and scooping if it takes too long. It’s easier to just put everything in the wash and hope for the best! Send them off instead with a container of the new Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ 3-In-1 Power Paks. This all-in-one detergent tackles tough stains, doesn’t require any measuring or scooping and is student-budget friendly. Let them tackle their own laundry to avoid a plethora of dirty clothes every time your child comes home from campus!
- Tip: Don’t be surprised if you receive a call or text saying, “Mom, how do I sort my laundry?” Or “Where do I find the washing instructions?” To help make laundry easier (and prevent shrinking t-shirts and colour bleed disasters at the same time!), educate them on the proper laundry symbols. In fact, you can download a fun laundry symbols postcard from Arm & Hammer Laundry here that lists the most common symbols and what they mean.
Don’t forget to have a conversation about safety.
- And I’m not just talking about any sort of safety. You know the one. The “safety” talk every child dislikes with the burning passion of a thousand suns to have with their parents. (Gosh, so embarrassing!) Whilst it can be uncomfortable, very much so, discussing with your kids about practicing safe sex is a necessary part of life and can help them prevent the transmission of STI’s while also protecting themselves from contracting them. If they already know, good on them! (The perks of having been a Nursing student means I know way too much about this topic.)
- Tip: “Secretly” buy and pack a box of condoms for them in their suitcase, so that they’ll avoid a less embarrassing scenario should they receive a care package in the mail and unbox it in front of their roommates. Trojan™ condoms are the number one condom choice of Canadians for protection.
Listen to your kids!
- Who has time to take a shower when class starts at 08:30 AM? Every minute more to sleep in is definitely a blessing from the Gods above! One must-have product that has helped me on numerous occasions, and is just as popular amongst Moms too, is Batiste Dry Shampoo. It is the world’s #1 dry shampoo* for a reason – it instantly refreshes your hair between washes, no water required. It works by absorbing excess oil from the roots leaving hair looking clean and fresh. So, whether you’re running late or just looking for an instant refresh, new Batiste Dry Shampoo Heavenly Volume is a saving grace as it has the additional benefit of transforming hair with gorgeous, touchable volume and bounce. This is one item they won’t forget anytime they’re in a pinch! *Batiste is sold in over 50 countries.
Do you know someone that’s heading off to College or University this Fall?
What will you be equipping into their care plan?
This post was sponsored by Church & Dwight. To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.
Church and Dwight Back to School Giveaway
Church and Dwight would like to give one lucky Ottawa Mommy Club follower a back-to-school prize pack!
- OxiClean Colour Shield Laundry Stain Remover
- Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Power Paks in Fresh Scent
- Trojan XOXO Condoms and Bareskin Lubricated Condoms
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Heavenly Volume
The ARV of this prize package is $75!
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents and ends at 11:59 EDT on September 22nd, 2017.
Rules: Open to Canadian residents 18 +. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfilment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.