Top Five Summer Vacation Essentials
Essential #1: Bug Spray!
- When I think of summer, the first thing that crosses my mind is those dreaded bugs. You can’t always escape from them, but you can protect yourself with a fly swatter and Muskol® Insect Repellent Aerosol! I never leave home without it if I plan on venturing out in the outdoors! It provides 8 hours of effective protection against mosquitos, black flies, and ticks. It can even repel biting midges, deer flies, stable flies, and chiggers! Your ultimate bug weapon!
Essential #2: Sunscreen!
- Personally, I have the unfortunate luck of burning as red as a tomato instead of tanning during the summer season, hence where sun protection becomes extremely important! Avoid sunburns by packing sunglasses, hats, lots of water, and of course sunscreen! Coppertone® ClearlySheer® SPF 50 (so sheer and light it won’t clog up your pore or cause breakouts), Coppertone Sport® SPF 30 (specially formulated for active adults), and Coppertone Kids® SPF 60 (non-irritating, hypoallergenic, and waterproof!) are a must for any family escape this summer! Remember to apply 15 minutes before heading outdoors, and to reapply every 2 hours or 80 minutes in or after going in the water.
Essential #3: First-Aid Kits!
- You never know when a minor accident might happen! During a summer escape, it’s best to always be prepared for any scrapes, cuts, and bruises by bringing along a general first aid kit in your suitcase. My personal kit usually includes bandages, a CPR mask, small scissors, disinfecting wipes, sterile/non-sterile gloves, and gauze. For women, yeast infections can happen anytime. It’s why keeping CanesOral® Combi-Pack on hand or in your medical kit will provide an easy and convenient go-to relief so you can get back to being you! It’s a clinically proven, single-dose oral treatment that can be taken anytime anywhere with a symptom relief starting within 24 hours!
Essential #4: Snacks!
- Even if I’m not on a summer vacation, I’ve always got snacks and a bottle of water with me! You never know when you’ll get hungry or thirsty while on the go, and getting into this habit might save you more than just a couple of dollars in the long haul! Remember to bring along some healthy sacks on your trip, such as granola bars, protein bars for when you need an extra boost of energy, fruits, trail mix, and best of all, marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers for s’mores!
Essential #5: A portable camera!
- I’m all for disconnecting away from technology during a vacation or a cottage escape, but cameras are an essential part of capturing those summer memories that will surely last a lifetime! I always have one with me, or use the one on my cell phone if I’m looking for a quick and easy snap. Remember to bring extra batteries or to fully charge your portable camera/device before leaving!
This summer, which essentials will you be packing into your suitcase to avoid running out to the nearest shop?
$250 Summer Prize Pack Giveaway
Bayer would like to lend a hand to one lucky Ottawa Mommy Club follower by giving away a summer prize package for the family (see products in the photo above)!
The ARV of this prize package is $250!
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents (excluding Québec) and ends at 11:59 EDT on July 23rd, 2017.
Rules: Open to Canadian residents 18 +, excluding Québec. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfillment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.